Chapter 4

*                                               *                                               *         

“Andrew, I’m off to get Violet,” Jason called.

“Okay, just try not to upset her,” I joked.

“Andrew, Greg called earlier, he wanted to see how you were doing,” Alex said handing over my phone.

“Oh, thanks Alex,” I said taking my phone and walking to the back door to leave the house to talk to Greg.

            Dialing his number I thought about what I was going to say but when I heard Greg’s voice on the other side I was lost for words.

“Andrew?” Greg asked.

“Yeah, sorry. I’m here. I guess I’m to tell you how I’ve been. Honestly it was rough in the beginning but then Daniel reminded me not to give up, so since then I’ve been pretty positive,” I explained.

“That’s good to hear. And how’s Violet?” Greg asked.

“She’s…not doing well. But today she went to her first therapy session, so I’m just waiting for her to get back,” I said.

“Oh, well, I guess tell her I say hi. Now that you are no longer King do you think you’d be able to visit me sometime this year?” Greg asked.

“Yeah I think I’d be able to as long as there’s no drama,” I said.

“Well, I’m glad to hear your doing well, and I hope that Violet feels better soon. I’ve got to go, hanging with Vince,” Greg said.

“Wait, speaking of Vince, is he thinking of getting the cure?” I asked.

“I don’t know, but I’ll ask him and get back to you about that,” Greg said before hanging up.

            Walking back in the house, I felt like I should be doing something important. Something that could take Nick down. Maybe I should talk to Bruce about making the cure for werewolfism into a weapon. Then I’d be able to take Nick down. Hearing the door open I saw Violet stomp in with Jason walking behind her hesitantly. As Violet was about to walk past me I grabbed her arm.

“What?” She scowled.

“How was it?” I asked.

“Fine,” She snapped pulling her arm from my grasp.

“By the way, Greg asked about you,” I called to her as she was about to leave, but she turned and waited. “He wanted to know how you were doing, I told him exactly how you’re doing, and he wishes for you to feel better,” I said.

“What did you tell him exactly?” She asked.

“I told him that you weren’t doing well at all, but that you were going to your first therapy session today,” I explained.

“You told Greg that? Seriously?! Why?” Vi asked.

“Because it’s the truth. But now that you’re back from this session, tell me, how was it? Did it help?” I asked.

“Why would I tell you? You’ll just report it to whoever asks about me!” Vi snapped.

“No. Greg asked, I answered. He is someone you can trust, he’s one of your best friends, he deserves to know how you’re doing,” I said.

“Whatever,” Vi said brushing me off and sitting down in the kitchen which was an improvement for her.

“Hey, Jason I’m heading over to Bruce’s, I’ll be back later, hold down the fort while I’m gone,” I announced as I walked out the back door.