Chapter 36. Guild of Justice

BANG BANG BANG!

"Wake up! Let's go check out the stadium."

Startled by the loud banging on my door and the energetic voice reverberating through the room, I groggily emerged from my slumber, disoriented by the chaos she was causing.

After greeting and petting my majestic pet wolf, I sluggishly made my way to the door, where the ruckus continued until I relented and opened it.

"Tina... If you want to get your ass kicked, just ask Carla to do it. Why embarrass yourself in front of a crowd? Is that some kind of fetish or something?" I teased, fully aware of the response it would provoke.

Predictably, my taunts were met with indignant shouting and physical retaliation, but the pettiness was worth it for her atrocious wake-up call tactics.

Joining Candace and Carla, who were already in the dining room, I settled in for breakfast while Yami departed to attend to her own needs.

After a satisfying meal, we made our way to the stadium to appease the wolf girl's desire for entertainment, though I had no intention of participating in any fights and risking exposure of my identity, inviting a host of new problems.

"Look! There's a branch of the Guild of Justice here! I didn't expect them to expand all the way to this city!" Candace exclaimed excitedly, pointing at a large building adorned with a fancy sign.

"Isn't that where you were initially planning to seek help?" I inquired, vaguely recalling Candace mentioning something about a guild.

"Yep! Travelers told me the guild was founded by this incredibly handsome man from Darrumburgh, blessed with extraordinary power. They take on requests of all sizes to aid the common people against the growing monster threat," she explained animatedly.

"Is that why we haven't encountered as many monsters? I was hoping for more things to slay after that bear incident. All we've faced are those pesky wolves that he won't even let me eliminate!" Tina grumbled loudly, momentarily forgetting how precarious her situation would be with that bear without my intervention.

"Who knows. I'm just relieved we haven't encountered any excessively powerful or dangerous monsters. Dealing with the occasional corrupted bear or moose is plenty for me," I replied as Candace ushered us into the guildhouse to explore its offerings.

Reflecting the grandeur of its exterior, the guild's interior was spacious, bustling with individuals clad in ornate armor and wielding an array of weapons. Dominating the space near the entrance was a massive wooden board adorned with neatly arranged posters.

Intrigued by the posters, I approached for a closer look. Most appeared to be requests for monster slaying from villages or individuals in need, scattered with a few wanted posters for individuals.

"I wonder if I can submit a wanted poster request for that delusional racist elf," I mused aloud, glancing toward Carla for a reaction.

"If I see anything about my grandfather, you will pay with your life," Carla responded stoically, her words carrying a weight of seriousness despite her lack of emotion.

"Obviously talking about your brother! I would never risk my life for a silly joke," I retorted sarcastically.

Noticing our group, a human girl whom I presumed to be part of the guild approached with a warm smile.

"Good morning! Are you here to take on a job or request one?" she inquired cheerfully.

"We're just browsing, getting a feel for this whole guild thing," I replied casually, continuing to peruse the various requests.