F I V E

ADVIK

My mind was blank. I didn't know how to react. I mean she was married at such an innocent age? Fuck.

I closed her notebook and reminded myself that reading this was going to be a very hard journey. I may act like I am devoid of emotions but shit man! This was totally unexpected and horrible. I don't know her yet I could imagine her pain.

I put the notebook aside and shifted my attention to completing all the files. This computer screen now seems like my grave. I seriously want to smash it into pieces till my anger fades away.

I wish I had said no to my father when he decided to get me admitted into a private engineering college. By this job, I am doing nothing but repaying my debt of all the money he spent over me.

My father was always like this. He was always ahead of his time. He liked planning things for our future; both his and mine. When I was in eighth standard and I got average marks in mathematics, he said that if I don't study properly then it will be hard for me to get an admission into IIT. But at that time I was a child, I had no idea that what IIT means and how tough it could be to get into one but I thought that if I'll work hard then for sure someday I'll become the Engineer and make my father proud of me.

Life was sorted earlier. I just had to focus on my grades and care about nothing but then twelfth boards happened and I realized that my father was wrong.

I wish I had courage to tell my father that I was not the one who could ever clear IIT and live upon the dreams he planned for me.

I smiled at my pathetic situation and somehow completed all my works on time.

Entering into my flat, I saw Nikhil who was trying his best to adjust the lid of pressure cooker.

"Oh, for heaven's sake, you're here man." He came running to me and hugged me.

Why always he has to exaggerate everything?

"Back off." I said.

"I was hungry, you know but I couldn't cook to save my own life."

"Let me change, I'll cook."

He was about to thank me before his cell phone rang.

Must be his girlfriend.

"Hey baby, missed me?" He said over phone in a love sick voice.

Just fucking great.