T H I R T Y - F I V E

VANYA

Laying down on my bed, I wished sleep to come. Maybe I should start counting sheeps.

I reminded myself not to do this otherwise my thoughts will start jumping on their own.

And once again he came to my mind like a hard blow of wind surpassing my consciousness.

That boy with familiar eyes is now the boy who owns my heart.

Smiling, I stared up to the celling. The illuminating radium stars were shining bright. I still remember how hard it was for me to paste them at such a height, I sprained my ankle but it was all worth it.

These stars remind me of Advik. He's also radiating like them but somewhere in the midst of his smiles, I see him unhappy. Just like the shine of these stars, his smile is also not real.

I hope someday, he might tell me more about him. And so do I.

Okay. I guess I should sleep now.

But sleep was nowhere in my eyes.

Just a thought of him and my heart goes beating like never before. What's so different about him?

I get up from the bed and go to bathroom. Standing Infront of mirror, I looked straight at my reflection. I've always heard the phrase that I am beautiful. And as a compliment, I like when people says so.

But then there are my eyes that are quite similar to Advik. Not in physical appearance but the emotions which are hidden behind them.

There must be some sort of connection between us which pulled us closer and our eyes interconnected making it difficult for me to not pay any attention to him.

But whatever might be the reason, I like him.

He makes me feel comfortable around him like I'm home.