T H I R T Y

ADVIK

"Tell me a quote." I said, out of blue.

"Light isn't in my heart,

But in your soul,

Guiding me through the darkness,

Lasting till I sketch my path.

Light isn't in my life,

But in your nerves,

Soothing me through calmness,

Helping till I smile in relief.

Light isn't in me,

But it's you."

I noticed how perfectly her lips moved to say each word. So softly, igniting the spark in my body.

"Explain it to me." I whisper, thinking about the lines she just said.

"There's nothing to explain about. I wrote it when I saw a man proposing his girlfriend here in this café. He said that she's light to him. So do the maths, I jotted down whatever came to my mind." She answered.

"You're hopeless romantic, aren't you?" I thought of asking her the first thing which came to my mind.

She shrugged her shoulders."I was but not anymore."

Her answer was incomplete. I know she wanted to say something else but she didn't.

I realized that all my life I've never paid close attention to anything but with her, I notice even a slight twitch of her lips when she frowns.

And right now, her lips are twitched.

"You tell, don't you believe in love?"

"No. I don't."

She raised her eyebrows at me. "Someone broke your heart?"

My father.

I kept my mouth shut and next for an hour or so, we kept looking out if the window in plain silence. The silence between us was not itching instead it sounded calm and peaceful. The stars shining bright in the sky unlike my life.

Her lavender smell flared into my nostrils making my heart relaxed.

There's definitely something strong enough to pull me closer to her because everytime I come to her, she makes me smile.

I came here in the midnight because of the repeated memories of my failure in the entrance exam and my father being disappointed to me. I needed something to calm my thoughts and that's when I decided to come to her.

When she gave me her cigarette, I only tried it because I was tempted not for the nicotine but her lips. It tasted like cherry which I guess was due to the balm she applied on her lips but as soon as I inhaled, I ended up coughing.

One thing for sure, cigarettes are not made for me.

She must be thinking that I am afraid for my life but what she don't know is that I've enough of poor mental health and now I couldn't afford any strain to my physical health.