T H I R T Y - S E V E N

VANYA

I'll manage everything, I'll manage to fix my café and bring it back to how it was but my books? They were my escape, my wealth, my emotions. I lost them all.

Calm down, Vanya.

You're a survivor, you can fix anything. Just like you fixed your scars, you can re-write your books.

Letting out a deep breath, I crossed hands over my chest.

Chin up. I reminded myself.

I guess now I am ready to write romance. After all, Advik gave me enough of butterflies to know the related emotions.

My face turned crimson while remembering about our kiss. Biting the corner of my lips, I catch a sight of him. He was looking at me!

Oh, well.

"Advik?" A voice came from outside of the room.

"Great!" He made a face and quickly went outside.

I curiously waited for him but instead I got whispers of him from other side of the door.

Roaming my gaze around, I had a good look of his room. Quite congested but it was livable. I must say he's not a fan of cleaning and arranging his stuffs.

"Hey there." Someone barged through the door.

"Hey." I greeted him back.

A boy with glasses and neatly trimmed hair grinned from ear to ear.

"I am Nikhil, his flat mate." He smiled, gesturing towards Advik who gave him deep scowl.

"I am Vanya, his-" Before I could complete my sentence, he cut me in the middle.

"His girlfriend."

I turned all shades of red and shook my head. "No...I mean..." I shuttered.

"I never knew that someday this shitty Engineer will be able to find a girl for himself." He laughed.

I smiled.

So, now I know about his profession. But why he didn't tell me about this?

"Now piss off." Advik pointed his finger to the door.

Nikhil came forward to shake hands with me..

"Thank you." He whispered near my ear.

I nodded.

He left the room and that's when Advik blew air out of his mouth. Rolling his eyes, he locked the door and slumped on the bed.

"I fucking hate him. I am sorry if he startled you." He pressed his lips into thin lines.

"It's okay. He seems nice." I smiled. "Anyways, are you feeling okay now?"

"I am." I replied, genuinely.

My thoughts started jumbling inside my mind from my café to Nikhil calling me Advik's girlfriend. I tried to stop my thoughts but the silence between us made it harder.

What are we?

I like him, is it enough for me to believe that I am his girlfriend? Or is it because we kissed?

All these feelings are new to me, I don't even know how to name some of them. All I know is to be with him.

But for now, I want to kiss him again.

"What's going inside your head?" He asked.

"Can I kiss you?" I blurted out.

Our eyes met and the second next, I felt his lips touching mine. This time, intensity of our kiss was different. It was full of passion and some raw emotions. His fingers softly trailed down my neck when our tongue collided. Something strange shot up in my body and it felt like I am losing my senses. But before anything could happen further in heat of the moment, he parted away.

I looked at him shyly to which he smiled.

You care about me, don't you?

Placing a soft kiss on his cheeks, I asked, "I know it's early and besides we don't know much about each other but will you be my boyfriend?"

His smile brightens on his face and without wasting a single second, he pecked my lips. "Yes."