T W E N T Y

ADVIK

"Woah! Where are you up to?" Nikhil whistled.

I gave him middle finger and applied hair wax. Grabbing my wrist watch, I took one last look of myself in the mirror.

Black denim, white shirt. Hair neatly trimmed and clean shaved.

"Can I borrow your bike?" I asked.

"No. First tell me where are you planning to go?" He raised his eyebrows and showed me the key of his bike.

I exhaled.

He knows very well how to get on my nerve.

"The café we went yesterday." I replied in a barely audible voice.

He searched my face before handing me the keys.

Is he not going to make fun of me? What's going inside his mind?

"Someone got a crush, huh?" He winked.

Okay. Here we go.

"Shut up."

"I must say that girl was quite pretty." He smiled.

I get a little flashback of hers in the back of my mind.

"Exactly my point. I've never seen someone this beautiful. She took my breath away, man. I am fucking attracted to her." I said in enthusiasm.

He laughed. "Congratulations. You got your first crush at the age of twenty five."

"Well fuck you."

"I guess there might be something special about her because this was the first time since we met that you talked to me with so much excitement. I hope she likes you back." He smiled.

I frowned. I don't know if I want her to like me back or not? And even if I do, why would she ever like me? I am not interesting. All I have is pain not even a fucking penny to offer her a decent life.

Also, I don't want myself to get romantically involved with her. I don't want her to carry my baggage. It'll be pure emotional toxicity for her. She seems cheerful and positive, I don't want to mess her.

It's just a crush, I'll get over it for sure.

It is almost half past eight when I reached the same café.

She was on the other side of counter. Today her hair were tied in a messy bun. She was in red t-shirt. Also I forget to mention that she had her eyeglasses today.

My heart skipped a beat and somehow with a fake smile, I went to order.

"Plain Maggie and coffee, please."

She smiled without even looking at me. As if she already know who I am. She quickly jot down my order and brought her attention to me.

Her eyes scanned me, my hair which were not a mess today. She scratches the back of her neck and smiled once again.

Her smile for a second made me forget everything but her.

"Plain Maggie, Eh?" She raised her perfect eyebrows.

I shrugged my shoulders.

Somewhere in my heart I know that I am going to visit this café everyday and for that I don't have enough money to spend on decent food. Just Maggie would be fine. I never knew that this Maggie will someday become my life saviour.

"Here's your order."

I nodded and took a seat closer to the counter so that I can look at her.

She was busy taking orders from the customer but twice she caught me looking at her.

I ate Maggi and sipped on my coffee.

"How's your date going?" I shook my head at Nikhil's text and decided to put my cell phone on silent.