N I N E

VANYA

"Hey, you're so beautiful." A little girl came running to me.

I smiled and patted a seat beside me. She quickly sat next to me. Her tiny fingers were playing with the edge of her pink frock.

I looked around and saw children laughing, playing games and running here and there. They all seem happy, free of any burden.

Parks are such a happy place.

When I was a child, I also used to play with my friends in neighborhood. Although I lived in village but it was my happy place. I enjoyed playing with them. Whenever I remember my past, only those are the days which makes me smile otherwise I don't like any phase of my past. They all are black and full of chaos.

"Everyone is beautiful in this world." I replied.

She frowned. "But they say that I am ugly."

"Why?"

"I have this scar on my face."

I took a closer look of her face and found that there was this red birthmark on her left cheek.

"You're not ugly. You're different." I told her, now realizing the reason behind her sad smile.

"But I am not beautiful." she complained.

"Being different is beautiful, okay?"I smiled at to which she smiled back.

"Okay."

I wish I could go back in time and remind myself that 'Being different is beautiful.'

I returned home and started writing in my notebook about whatever happened today. That little girl reminded me of someone whom I never wish to meet again.

After finishing, I told myself again that my handwriting is very beautiful. People always say me that your face and handwriting are very pretty but I wish they have the same opinion about my scars.

I am beautiful both inside and out but why my inner beauty never fascinates anyone? Just because I am different?

Stranger,

I want to confess something.

I was raped. I was raped my by own husband. Every night, he raped my soul and body.

I know you might be having chills in your bone. But let me tell you something more, it wasn't easy for him to rape me.