T W E N T Y - T H R E E

VANYA

Since an hour, I am constantly looking at my wrist watch. Surprisingly, I don't know the reason but I am waiting for the guy with familiar eyes.

He should've been here by now. I was excited to see him walk across the door but still no sign of him till now.

I wanted to ask him about the book whether he liked it or not? That was a special book of my collection, I wish he enjoyed it.

I waited impatiently for him and exactly after one hour twenty three minutes later, he arrives.

He passed me a soft smile and I took no minute to shift my attention to his hair. Today, he has not applied anything to them. Quite messy, exactly how I like them.

I smiled.

"Let me guess. Plain Maggi and coffee, right?" I asked as soon as he came to the counter.

He shrugged sheepishly.

While scribbling his order, I peeked at him and I found my book in his hand.

"So?" I asked, nervously.

"So?" He repeated my words.

"Can we talk?" Before I could ask about my book, he whispered softly.

I nodded.

Well you have no idea that how much I want to talk to you.

"Go find a seat, I'll come in a minute or two."

"Then put two coffees in the list."

"As you say." I flushed.

I went to him and sit across the table. He sipped his coffee and passes me another one.

I looked out of the window and find stars shining in the night sky.

"Do you want to know my favourite line from the book?" He asked, after taking one bite of Maggi.

I nodded in excitement.

He turned the pages of book till his find his favourite one and read it aloud to me.

"Someone told me that coffin was filled with drug; of peace but my heart reminded not to fool my nerves in search of a lie."

Every single nerve of my body shivered in delight. His voice was soothing as if someone applied ointment to my wounds.

I never know that these lines could ever sound this satisfying. I might have goosebumps.

These lines were about not giving up.

I stared straight into his eyes and for a second, something happens in my chest. It took a beat for him.

"Correct me if I am wrong but this is about suicide, isn't it?" He asked, breaking our eye contact and pulling me back to the reality.

I nodded.

And with that an itching silence came between us. Maybe he didn't know what to say and so do I.

After few minutes, he decided to ask something. "Which one is your favourite?"

And automatically a small smile tugs on to the corner of my lips.

"Your heart is aesthetically messy and

Chaotically divine. In you resides both Sinner and Saint." I read it and strangely I found his eyes on me.

"I like it more in your voice." He blurted out.

So I wasn't the only one to love them more in his voice?

"Mutual feelings." I smiled.