F O U R T Y - E I G H T

VANYA

I looked around, the flat was small but beautiful. I never thought that I'll be able to get such a decent flat with my savings. Although it is kind of messy now but I'll clean it up and make it perfect enough to live here.

I've applied to one school as biology teacher. Let's see if they call me for interview. I will start from the bottom. Teaching school children about androgen insensitivity will be the best start for me. I came up with this idea when Advik told me that since childhood he learnt that there are only two genotypes XX and XY which are called normal in the society. So if I make children aware of the fact that there are also other types of genotypes which are normal. Maybe change will be seen in their eyes; the way they look at the genetic makeup.

Education is important. Basically a person's mind gets shaped from the very beginning and if they learn different, they will one day change the mentality of the society.

I will always be thankful to Advik. If he didn't say those words, I would've never been able to figure out that what I want to do with my life. I want to be the change that brings out the positive change in lives of the people like me.

My cell phone popped with Advik's mail. It reads a simple 'thank you'. I smiled and pressed my eyes shut to remember our last hug. Soon tears streamed down my face, I will miss him for sure. The love I have for him will not be able to fade away. It is strong enough to make me smile and cry at the same time while thinking about him.

I am not sure how exactly everything will turn out but let's hope for the best.

I will always remember Advik. He was the only person whom I loved and this love will guide me to achieve my goals. I hope one such day will come when he will be proud of me. I know he will never be with me but the minute he said that he is in love with me, I was literally on cloud nine. Love is special but being loved by him is beautiful. It crushed my heart into pieces to let him go and not to beg him to stay in my life but that one last hug and his confession gave me closure. Now I am happy. I can start my life all over again with my heart belonging to him and somewhere in the back of my head I know that I've been loved by him.

I gave him his dreams and he gave me mine.

That café was close to my heart and so was Advik. I know he will find his ways to take proper care of my café and make it to something grand. I believe in him.

I stretched my hands and after grabbing my hair into messy bun, I started cleaning the room. It seems like the flat was locked from so long and the last person who lived here did his best to make it look like a total mess.

After cleaning everything, I hopped on the bed and turned on my laptop. I was surfing of the net, reading blogs of influential people and that's when it hit me. I should start a blog. I can write all the stuffs about androgen insensitivity, my life story, and about all the problems. Maybe in this way I could reach a wider audience.

Someday, I'll start a blog of mine.

***

ADVIK

"Where are you heading, man?" Nikhil asked.

"Home" I smiled.

He made a confused face and raised his eyebrows in a questioning way.

"Have you decided to get married?"

"Shut up." I laughed.

"Why are you so cheeky today? What happened? Yesterday you were crying over your breakup and now this happy face?" He asked.

I felt a little uneasiness when he said the word breakup but by ignoring it I gave him a tight hug.

"Woah!" He exclaimed.

"I am going to see my family. It's been years." I smiled again.

He smiled back and patted my shoulders.

After biding him goodbye, I went to railway station wondering if Vanya left this city by train or took a flight. Whole of my journey I kept on thinking about her. Where she would have gone? She would have found a place to live by, isn't she? She might be smiling, right?

God.

I should stop thinking about her otherwise I might fall in love with her one more time and I don't want that to happen.

As I reached my hometown, I looked around. Everything was same just like the times when in lived here. I went inside my home, just like always the door was still open in the evening.

"Advik?" Maa screamed dramatically and engulfed me into her arms. I felt her familiar warmth and it was so good to remember my childhood just by watching her smiling face.

"I thought to surprise you." I said.

She nodded, placing kiss on my forehead.

"Where's papa?" I asked.

"He's in his room."

"I need to talk to him in private."

She was reluctant at first. I know the level of her curiosity but she agreed anyways.

I went to my father's room and called out him. "Papa."

He stood up and like always his face was devoid of any emotion.

I smiled and touched his feet. He gave me blessings and asked me to sit.

"You came here all of sudden? Everything is okay, right? Your job is okay?" He questioned.

"Yes papa, everything is fine."

"Mhmm."

And then there was an uncomfortable silence between us. I scratched the back of my neck trying to figure out what to say.

Since when we become this apart to each other that I couldn't even share few words with him?

"I am sorry for ignoring you all these years." I told him the first thing which came to my mind.

And for the first time, his face held an emotion. He was smiling, although trying his best to hide his smile but it was clearly visible.

"Thank you papa for everything that you did for me."

He smiled even more.

Maybe I am bad at expressing my emotions but my papa is worst. He can't even say a word. All he did was to pass me the smile.

But it wasn't difficult to talk to my father even though I shared few words with him. It gave me peace.

From now on, I'll never blame my father for destroying my life. It was me to think that my life is doomed just because I earn less. I forgot that I am still young and working, with hard work I can fix my life.

Thank you Vanya for helping me to find my peace. It was always within me, I was just following the wrong road.