F O U R T E E N

VANYA

"One coffee and a bowl of plain Maggie."

I noted down the order and averted my eyes to the person on the other side.

There was a boy in blue t-shirt and black denims. The first thing I noticed about him was his messed up hair.

I smiled.

Plain Maggie and messy hair? What's his story?

"Plain Maggie? Wow, that's something unusual." I said, trying to build up a conversation.

For a minute, all he did was to look at my face. I know he might be wondering that how beautiful I am. His pupils were expanding, oh wait. His eyes, there was something familiarly different about them.

I blinked not believing my instincts. He was trying hard to mask the pain. Something was haunting him.

His eyes are the ones I see every day in my reflection. We both are fighting for our demons.

"Why?" He asked and I realize that he was also trying to read my eyes.

I composed myself and replied. "No one orders plain maggi, they always like it with cheese or butter."

"I have my reasons."

I know that already.

Passing his order, I saw him turning back and occupy a separate seat.

I kept on looking at him. He was lost in his thought. Maybe thinking about our little conversation.

Why this strange curiosity? I don't know him then why I want to know about him? What was so special about him?

Shrugging my shoulders, I decided to let him go from my mind.

He was just a random boy.