T W E N T Y - F O U R

ADVIK

"Your heart is aesthetically messy and

Chaotically divine. In you resides both Sinner and Saint."

Whole night, I was unable sleep. Her voice reading her favourite quote kept me awake. It was like some short of spell that she bound over me and now I am whipped.

Her voice is melodic, I knew this the very first time she talked to me but yesterday that qoute sounded soothing in her voice. I don't know if it was her voice or those lines but pretty much, my body shivered.

I don't know about her heart but she is indeed aesthetically divine.

First time in my life, I am having this strange feeling in my chest. I am actually enjoying something; her company. I want nothing else than to sit across her and watch her sip coffee while she reads qoute for me.

With her, I forget everything. she's the best thing that happens to me in a day.

I checked the clock and it says four in the morning. I groaned and told myself to sleep. Weekends are over, now I've to once again return to that hell.

Pressing my eyes shut, I started counting sheeps.

But sheeps had no plan to let me sleep. They started running through my mind making it more difficult.

So instead of trying to sleep, I went to terrace to have some fresh air.

Although I see nothing but buildings, the red sun in the sky preparing itself for the sun to rise is a great sight.

I've never seen sunrises in my life. I never liked these poetic calm sights. Since eleventh standard, I stared working hard for good grades. I studied honestly, I swear. I used to wake up at five in the morning and study.

But I realized after failing IIT that I was never good at science and mathematics. All I did for three years to memorize everything as much as I can instead of understanding it. Maybe that's why I failed. I would've enjoyed studies if I opted for the stream of my choice instead of my father. Maybe then today would've been different.

Sometimes I wish to ask my father that why Engineering? Why not something else? But I know I would never be brave enough to ask it.

I don't hate my father but I never liked him. He always played the tough man's role, not for once bothering about my opinions and interests.

As a child, I learnt that my dream is to became an Engineer but the irony is I never got a chance to build my own dreams. I believed what my father said.

I remember clearly, when I was in second standard and I had to complete my moral science homework. There was this one question- "What do you want to become in future?"

I went to my father and asked him that what should I answer? He told me to write "I want to become Engineer in the future."

I happily wrote it down. And my father not for once asked me that what actually I want to became.

I look up in the sky and sun is about to rise. I tried to clear my head and watch as the sun rises bright in the sky. I remember about that café girl, remember the coffee of her café, I remember the book she gave me, I remember her smiling face, I remember sitting on the couch across her, I remember myself smiling after a very long time.

Her.