1211 - 1220

Chapter 1211: Demon tier power

[Demon tier Amulet: Branching Link]

[The Branching Link Amulet absorbs a part of energy from anything the User kills. Once the amulet has gathered enough energy it will unlock a slot. With each slot the amount of energy required to unlock a new one increases]

The information itself was split into different segments and this was merely the first one. Only after having killed a certain amount of Dalki did the energy requirement pass its threshold, unlocking the first slot, which was also the reason why neither Alex nor Quinn had received any sort of benefit from wearing it initially. The good news was that it sounded like it would work with anything that he killed, be it beasts, vampires, Dalki or other living things.

'As long as I keep killing Dalki, doesn't that mean I can technically have an unlimited amount?'

Quinn wondered. However, the system was vague, only claiming that it would require more and more energy for each additional slot, making him worry that at some point it could have the same issue as his exp bar.

[Once a slot has been unlocked the User is able to use it to mark any living creature.

Success chance will depend on the life-force and willpower of the living creature it is used on.

No matter the outcome, the slot will be used up.

Each successful Marking will also take up one slot.]

Given the description it appeared that Marking higher tier beasts, stronger people or the Dalki leader would most likely be hard to impossible. Quinn would have to choose between using the slots to attempt it, after all succeeding in marking someone like One Horn might very well change the tide of war, or use the slots on weaker Dalki, creating something like an elite guard.

[Those that are Marked can be either partially or fully controlled by the user.

Energy can be shared between User and Marked based on the User's discretion.

It's possible to strengthen a Marked via the User's energy.

It's possible to suck a Marked completely dry, thereby adding its strength temporarily to the User.

The only way for the Marking to disappear is upon the death of a Marked, death of the User or destruction of the Branching Ling Amulet]

This was the power of the Demon tier Amulet. Quinn wasn't too surprised that it turned out to have some brainwashing capabilities since the Demon tier tree had used its powers to enslave others. Still, there were differences to the original.

'I'm not able to control just anything. It seems like there is only a chance to control something and the amount of things I can control is vastly different. The energy as well given to the Marked comes from myself. I'm guessing they need to be alive to attempt to put a marking on them. Breaking a strong beast's will, or a human's will would be incredibly difficult to attempt at the moment.'

'Then there's the last catch. I thought it was strange that the Demon tier Amulet didn't give any stats, but that's because I can also take the energy from those that I have marked. I wonder if it's the same as Qi energy, or perhaps it will directly boost my stats depending on what I control. It's a temporary boost for me, but permanently affects the marked. Which means it's best if I don't use it on my own people.' Quinn concluded.

However, after reading everything, Quinn had come up with an idea just how he could use the amulet to help him take down the Dalki ships even quicker, but before that, he needed to run some tests.

Quinn wanted to check up on Alex, yet the Blood fairy had run off inside. But decided not to, since time was running out and could tell he was in no such danger due to the bond. After seeing to Wevil and Linda. He made sure that the two of them could look over him while Quinn had gone out on his own.