1251 - 1260

Chapter 1251: Blessing

When Quinn had first seen all the different levels of beast crystals on board the Dalki Mothership, the first thought he had in his mind was that he could use them to evolve both Vorden and Raten.

There weren't any tier crystals beyond that of the king tier, so there was no need for them to be used as equipment. Besides, there was something better they could get out of it.

A Demon tier beast as an ally was unheard of. Even Mona, who was part of the big four, could only control a Demi-god tier beast. At the same time, it was beneficial for both of them as well. The whole world was currently in a war. In a war like so, people didn't get to choose if they had to fight or not, they had to fight, and it was best if they had every chance they could at evolving so they could survive.

First up from the two of them was Vorden. He was currently an Emperor tier beast that could use the power of wind and had a fast agile body. As Vorden himself found out, the problem was that Emperor tier beasts were no match for the Dalki they were facing.

At first, Quinn had done a simple test. He had selected an intermediate tier crystal and allowed for Vorden's body to absorb it. When using the inspect skill Quinn could see that his evolution percentage had gone up by one percent.

Selecting another intermediate tier crystal, Raten was asked to do the same.

"Come on! Wouldn't it be better to just have me evolve?" Raten complained. "Surely one Demon tier beast would be better than having a legendary tier beast."

It was safe to say that Raten was looking forward to his evolution and what his new body's powers could bring him. After absorbing the one crystal, Quinn could see that Raten's evolution had only improved by 0.02 percent.

"You won't evolve," Quinn said. "Even if we were to give all the crystals to you, you wouldn't evolve. It looks like it's going to take a lot to evolve you Raten."

Raten looked disappointed by the answer, but he didn't think Quinn was lying. He hoped that even Quinn would know they needed a Demon tier beast more than anything after going up against the five spiked Dalki.

After absorbing close to two hundred crystals, Borden's body was going through the stages of evolution. His body was taking some time to take in the energy inside him. Eventually, a bright white light was shining from his body. The outline of it could be seen slowly changing.

His black fur on his head started to grow even longer, now reaching below his waist, While the hair on his tails would rise up even more. Another strange change was his arms. The fur was coming out more so from it, nearly imitating tiny wings, and if one was to move the flowing hair going along his back, they could see the same.

Finally, the evolution was complete. Vorden was now at the legendary tier level.

"What type of beast are you?" Pai wondered as he got closer to looking at the details. "At first, because of the black fur and your forward like face, I thought you were some type of black wolf beast, but from your arms and small wings on your back. It looks like if you keep evolving, you're going to like some type of bird beast."

"It's stupid to try and compare beasts from other planets to the animals we have on earth," Vicky commented, pointing out the obvious.

"I don't know when I will be able to get our hands on crystals like that again. Especially with the situation as it is." Quinn said. "So maybe this will be the level you are at for a while."

"I can only say thank you, Quinn. I know what the situation is like." Vorden replied.

Since Quinn realised that the reminding crystal wouldn't evolve Vorden to the next stage again, they decided to use the rest on Raten. If they didn't, they could just see Raten complaining the whole way.