1581 - 1600

Chapter 1581: Dhampir Army

At first, Quinn thought his ears might have misheard things, but soon he heard others spouting the same word as Jessica had just seconds ago Dhampirs.

Honestly, Quinn knew very little about Dhampirs in the first place.

Only that they were a subclass that was to be killed on sight under the old rule, similar to that of a blood fairy among other ones, but also through living Vincent's life, he knew that a Dhampir was far more dangerous than a blood fairy. So much so that the other families wished to harness their power for their own strength.

'The only dhampir during my time was Erin?' Quinn thought. 'Leo attempted to control her urges until she eventually ran away...what happened? Has the vampire structure fallen that more dhampirs have been created, and since about a thousand years have passed...could all of this be Erin's doing?'

If that was the case, the one that had turned Erin into a dhampir in the first place was Quinn, and he had neglected his duty to look after her since he felt like Leo had a handle on things because. It was only later he had learned things were more complicated at that time. Yet, Quinn had his own troubles to deal with as well, but he still blamed himself.

The other participants had already started to leave the area, including the examiner himself, leaving only those currently participating in the test, which was Quinn and his group.

He could see that Jessica's confidence had faded since her body was shaking, but she had readied her string to put up quite the fight. At the same time, Lucia had equipped her spear, pointing it towards the attackers.

"You are breaking the agreement!" Lucia shouted towards them. "This is a Graylash planet. You have no right to be here!"

However, her words seemed empty, as Quinn could feel something within their bodies start to activate. It was similar to the feeling that Quinn could feel on Minny. This was a blood lust, but not for human blood.

[8 percent of the system has been synced.]

Lifting up his hand, seeing how what had worked for Minny seconds ago, Quinn thought that perhaps he could control the dhampir's blood lust. After all, they were half-vampire. He focused, but he could feel no such connection.

Unlike the red aura that Quinn could feel through Minny and Jessica, he could not connect with that of the dhampirs in front of them.

The group of dhampirs charged forward with each of them wielding a katana blade. Two of them swung their blades, and slicing through their weapons were what looked like blood swipes but yellowish in colour.

Seeing this, Jessica used her own blood swipe, but when the two collided, her attack was no match against the yellow aura as it smashed through her attack and continued forward, but before it could reach her, Lucia swung her spear down, and with it, a trail of lightning left her weapon.

Quinn could sense the Qi infused within the lightning powers. This one had different properties and effects due to the power of Qi. However, her powers weren't as strong as some members of the Graylash family he had seen before.

The Qi increased the impact of her attack. The yellow aura clashed into the lighting, and the two attacks collided in the air for a few seconds before they had eventually cancelled each other out.

However, that didn't stop the other strike that had managed to hit Lucia. She lifted up her arm to block, and the attack had pierced through her robe, making her bleed. Trying to soften the blow somewhat, she leapt up and spun her body, encasing it with lighting.