1351 - 1360

Chapter 1351: A True Infected

The fight between Arthur and Bryce was at a standstill, with both sides attacking and not one side being able to best the other in strength or find an opening. Still, Arthur believed he had the edge for a few reasons.

His sword still had plenty of power, more so unlimited. He could still use all of his abilities due to the effects of the blood armour he was wearing. His blood armour special effect was to allow him to infuse blood to whatever he was touching. It was an ideal matchup to his weapon, allowing him to use all its abilities whenever he wished. Unless Bryce could destroy the Armour, there was no way for him to stop using the abilities of the sword.

The good thing about it, was it also allowed him to use his blood weapon when fighting against non-human opponents. Although even then, it didn't help him out in a particular situation.

Although Bryce could control all blood, he could not control this, and eventually, even with the absolute blood control, its power would take its toll on one's body. This was what Arthur was waiting for.

Yet, in the middle of the fight, Arthur could feel something was happening, Bryce still was continuing to attack hard, but his shadow seemed to be reacting strangely.

'Is there another shadow user nearby? Is that why my shadow is reacting in a weird way?' Arthur thought, still holding onto the shadow shield. 'No, this feels different. My shadow feels like it almost wants to go over to where he is rather than come to where I am.'

Kyle had done his duty, and there was no need for him to get close to the battle. Even as a Royal Knight, he was worried getting caught up in either of their attacks would finish him off in a single hit. Thankfully the vehicles he could set to an auto travel feature, sending them into the inner castle area.

Arthur, seeing the vehicles approaching from a distance, wondered what was going on. He could see that they were carrying bodies, dead bodies.

'What is he up to?' Arthur thought. The scene of the dead bodies just angered Arthur more, and he wondered if Bryce was trying to use them in some way to taunt him, but that felt silly. Bryce was someone who would do anything for his goal but wasn't a fool to think this would help beat the punisher.

"I bet even you didn't know about your shadows' full capabilities or the true origins of its power," Bryce said. "Let's see how you deal when your own power is used against you."

From the crystal, shadows started to escape and travelled to the bodies. Arthur, seeing the familiar shadow, was stunned for a few seconds. He had no clue how Bryce was able to do such a thing, nor did he understand, but seeing shadow, he thought naturally he would be able to take it for himself and control it, or at least intercept it.

The shield form had done him well so far, but with half the amount of flying swords attacking him, he could use the shadow as he did before. The condensed shadows changed, and now Arthur was sending his own shadow out to intercept what he could see going after the vehicles.

Before the two of them touched, against Arthur's will, his shadow started to move away and was heading directly to where Bryce was.

"Haha, excellent!" Bryce started to smile. "I thought there was a chance that it wouldn't actually work against your shadow, but it seems like it does."

Arthur, seeing what was happening, wanted to recall his shadow, and that he did, but he was only able to recall a part of it. Nearly half of the shadow that he had sent out looked to be in some type of trance, floating and continuing to move towards the king.

That's when Arthur could see it. There was something in Bryce's hand. The crystal was slightly dark in colour, and the shadow soon went into the crystal, making the colour darker than it once was before.