2000 - 2055

Chapter 2001: An Original meeting

The office where Edvard was 'self-practising' was under repairs, so he was relaxing in his room. While doing so, he looked in his wardrobe for a few new shirts. When he opened it though, he found the whole wardrobe filled with dark leather-type clothing, something that really wasn't to Edvard's style.

He noticed a bright orange shirt in a corner, which he eventually decided to wear instead and switched out his clothes.

'The vampires should really learn a thing or two about fashion from the humans. Why are all my clothes so dark?' After getting his clothes on, Edvard looked at his hands. They had mostly healed up but weren't looking as well as they were this morning.

He speculated after an hour or so, the wounds would heal, and his hands would be back to normal.

'We, the Originals, have always had a faster self-healing rate than regular vampires. With that strange substance, the green liquid blood, the healing ability got even better, yet my hands haven't yet healed from the encounter against the red aura.'

Ever since the strange fight with the intruder, Edvard couldn't get the man known as Quinn out of his head.

'I guess if he was a student of Arthur's, it would make sense for him to stay quiet. Besides, I think there would be quite a few that wouldn't be happy that there is a Punisher around in these parts, but still, why would he claim that he was a King of all things?'

Closing the bedroom door behind him, it was time for him to leave. Walking toward the exit of the castle, he noticed a beautiful lady waiting for him, Muka, and along with her was an old man with a goatee beard who went by the name Milner.

Muka nodded at Edvard before placing on her large helmet, covering her entire face, as they left the castle.

"You have such a pretty face. It is a shame that you have to hide it." Edvard said. After exiting the castle, rather than walking toward the city, they took a path that led them behind the castle.

"It's better this way. It isn't right for me to attract so much attention. You are our leader who is trying so hard to stand out." Muka replied.

The comment was most certainly about his bright orange shirt, and sunglasses, but Edvard didn't care and just laughed it off.

"You know, I think it's worth just being woken up every 1000 years or so to see how the world has changed. You know these shirts were pretty popular back in my time." He chuckled while replying.

Milner also smiled, albeit on because of the same reason because he thought it was impossible.

"Even during my time, no one would wear such atrocious things."

While talking and teasing each other, they finally arrived at their destination. Behind the castles, there was a very large joint garden. It was filled with all sorts of different plants, hedges and more and was beautifully laid out.

When building the settlement, they felt it was too beautiful to destroy. Whoever had created such a thing must have put a lot of effort into it, and the strangest thing was how the plantation here was still robust despite the vampires using a special device to block out the sun.

Not only did the vampires decide to keep it, but they had decided to make it their meeting place as well. The garden's centre was paved with stone and surrounded by large hedges.

On the stone was a round table with ten seats, and the other vampires had already arrived, each with two other associates.

"You're late, Edvard." One of the youngest-looking men at the table said. Unlike the others, who were dressed mostly in black, he stood out due to his thin white clothing. The man also had a well-defined jawline and swept-back hair but let a single strand drop down on his forehead.