1521 - 1540

Chapter 1521: Flying Balls

"Come on, do you really expect us to believe that?" Conan asked, right after Bliss had revealed the information. "This is a Demon tier beast we are talking about, and I've never seen her in my life. What rank are you even?"

Conan was referring to her Traveller rank, the different coloured tags that they would have around their neck that would prove to others the rank they had obtained.

"I don't have a Rank. I was in the military academy long before the civil war broke out." She answered honestly, and thought there was no need to prove herself to some nobody. Still, what exactly did Bliss mean by her statement?

Was this a vision that she had actually seen, or did she just want to stir trouble.

'Does she know that I have the Demon tier weapon on me? There should only be a handful of people who know... I can't imagine that information might have leaked. However, if she does know, then I could see why she would think with me there's a good chance of subduing one. ... but does that really mean she can see the future?'

"Damn it." Conan sat back down, hearing that as a reply. "We are all going to die."

Although Conan might have been the only one to audibly complain, deep down, the others that had come along in this journey felt the same way. Since the start it had sounded like a suicide squad, but they had at least hoped the military might have had a secret weapon or something. As it turns out, though, they apparently chose to trust a crazy lady.

Only a few seconds later, the outside of the vehicle started to rumble, and a loud sound had come from the left side. It was clear that they had been hit by something.

"Hey bro, did you do that?" Brook asked. "Are you a jinx or something? Just when you say we're all going to die, beasts appear?"

"Hey, now's not the time to be pointing fingers! Besides, shouldn't our psychic Bliss over here seen it coming with her powers?" The Traveller refused to take the blame for this coincidence.

While the two were arguing, Rafer was on the move, heading to the control panel, and pressing a button that would open the vehicle up. The tires stopped in place, and out from the sides the vehicle anchored itself in the ground, shooting strange devices from under the vehicle itself.

After that, a small little energy blast was sent out in all directions like a bubble around the vehicle. It was a defensive measure that would allow them to get out safely and deal with whatever the problem was.

As the back opened up, the group rushed outside to see what was going on.

Bliss was the only one who walked out casually, unfazed by that had just happened.

The first thing the group noticed as they stepped onto the black, charcoal-like ground was the fact it was hot. They could feel it on their feet, even through their beast gear. It was similar to the feeling of walking on a sandy beach with bare feet, with the sun being out. They needed to move or the pain would get to them.

This was because of the type of planet they were on. The two Shelters were placed on a levelled black ground, and most of the surrounding space was the same, but the whole planet wasn't like that. There were certain parts that were filled with molten lava from the ground below.

Even now in the distance they could see mountains of lava flowing down the side of them. In the ground itself, although not on the surface, they could see part of the ground cracked with heat waves and little embers coming out as well.

Immediately, everyone started to move due to the heat that could be felt on their feet, and they could soon see what had attacked them.

"They're...they're... balls? Floating pair of balls?" Conan, said as for some reason, when lifting his crossbow, he was hesitant to shoot at it. The beast looked like two giant balls stuck together floating in the air, and he felt like if he were to hit such a thing, he would begin to feel pain in a certain area.