1281 - 1290

Chapter 1281: Not Your Friend

Something that Quinn had never thought about was the changes that happened each time Vincent would be in control over his body. The fluctuations in one's voice, the energy that surrounded them, the rhythm of their heartbeat and more, all would be determined by the person who was in control of a body.

The human mind was far more incredible than many might think, noticing those changes Eno could tell almost immediately that someone else had taken over Quinn's body. On top of that, the old vampire had also heard the words his 'grandson' had mumbled just before that.

Finally, when Vincent spoke, Eno was convinced that he wasn't Quinn.

"Tell me, what I need to do?" Vincent requested.

Sam and the others had already grouped up, ready to head off into their positions. They had decided to split up into four different groups covering each side of where the enemy would come from.

Linda, Wevil and Peter as one group, Sam, Nate and Layla as another, with Dennis and Fex as the third group. The fourth group would be the Blades, but judging by the fact they had yet to arrive at the top of the castle despite everything happening outside, they seemed to be busy.

'If they're still not here, it should mean that Vorden and Raten are still not done with their evolution and Borden must be staying by their side to guard them.' Sam thought, trying to think of a way to make up for the loss of the Blades.

'Wait, maybe Peter would be a good replacement, after all he has those two by his side.' But when Sam looked up, Peter was nowhere to be seen.

"Peter, where the hell is Peter?" Sam questioned, and realised that he had never come up with the rest. Now he had to come up with another idea.

Honestly he was worried that if they thinned out any of the three groups, especially with Peter gone, it would be too much for the groups to handle.

"I suggest, the three groups cover the East, West, and South sides." Sam spoke up. "At the moment, Mona is doing a great job stopping those at the North side, so we should be able to leave it be for now. Hopefully she can hold off long enough for the Blades to reinforce her."

If that wasn't the case, then Sam would have to try to act while on the ground, whichever group was doing best, they could shuffle one person to try and help.

"What about us?" Vincent asked. "What will the three of us be doing?"

"Us three, need to make sure that thing is under control and we will be staying by its side at all times." Brock answered looking down at the Dragon.

Vincent quickly understood. The enemy would have to send out their strongest members to deal with the Demon tier beast. Perhaps they would ignore the rest of the Cursed faction and head straight for the beast, which was why supposedly the three strongest members had been told to keep guard.

"I have a suggestion to make. I can help out with protecting the North side, the rest of you focus on covering your sides." Vincent spoke as he lifted his hand to open the Shadow space. Soon four Dalki could be seen appearing out in the open. The only thing was when they appeared they just stood there in place.

'Ah, right Quinn needs to control them.' Vincent thought. 'Well, he said he shares his vision with the Demon tier plant thing, so hopefully he can direct them where to go on the whole island, so I hope he can see this and come back soon.'

"Dalki!" Some of them shouted in surprise seeing the beast, even Eno looked a little bit shocked.

"I see, the boy has been really busy. What a powerful item he has at his disposal. Once again he has surpassed my expectations." Eno complimented the real Quinn, instead of the whoever was in his body.