One last Time: Gajevy

Levy looked down, tears streaming down her pale cheeks as she tried to stop the bleeding. Nothing was working and her voice was hoarse from screaming Wendy's name over and over again.

He couldn't leave her.

He just couldn't. It wasn't fair.

They had barely gotten any time together before this war came around.

"Why." She yelled lightly burying her face into his chest, her voice cracking softly as she pulled away to see his toothy grin. "You didn't have to...."

Before she could continue, the male placed a gentle finger to her lips.

"I did have to. I wouldn't have been able to live without you." Came the reply. His voice, which was usually firm and strong, came out light and airy as if he was running on short breaths.

"But I...." She was cut off again but this time by her own sob.

The blood was dying the girls favorite orange dress red.

His head was cradled in the girls lap as she looked down at his eyes. At one point and time, she had feared them. In the past they were known for causing pain but that was all a lie.

Just a cover to hide the real man behind them. Someone who was gentle and capable of love.

Levy closed her eyes pressing a gentle kiss to his forehead, letting her lips linger on the skin before she heard a soft chuckle.

"Come on now shrimp. If I'm gonna die I wanna see a smile on that face. Send me off with a good mental image."

With those words Levy broke down into tears. Even as he died he wanted to see her. His last image that he wanted was of her. The least she could do was give him that.

Levy quickly wiped the tears from her face and smiled, the smile she had when he finally confessed that he truly liked her.

Thinking back it seemed so long ago.

Before this war.

Before people started to die.

Everything was simple. It was just her and him. Nothing else.

She met his red eyes one last time before his chest stopped rising.

"Gajeel?" She asked softly, panic taking over her voice.

"Gajeel. No. Please. I need you. Please I need you." She sobbed shaking his chest roughly. "Don't leave me like this. Don't." She screamed loudly.

Lucy and Wendy came running up and stopped a few feet away. Wendy stepped closer ready to try her best but Lucy grabbed her arm and pulled her back, shaking her head in sadness.

It was too late. Lucy knew. There was no point in her expelling all her energy trying to save a dead body.

Levy looked up and noticed the two of them standing there, her sorrow quickly turning to rage.

"Where were you? If you had been here a few moments ago he would have been okay. You could have saved him." She yelled loudly before looking back down at his face. "You could have saved him." She repeated cupping his cheek gently in her hand.

Lucy slowly walked to the girls side and kneeled beside her. The two sat like that for a moment just looking down at the dragon slayer.

He had come so far since joining Fairy Tail and nothing ever stopped him from protecting his family. Especially Levy. She was his everything and always would be.

"Come on Levy." Lucy whispered gently in her blue haired friend ear. "We need to go it isn't safe here."

For a moment she wasn't sure if Levy had even heard her. Her face was still locked on the males face.

"Lucy.... I.....I never got to tell him I loved him." Her voice was barely above a whisper. "I. I never got to tell him." With that the girl collapsed into the males chest. It didn't matter that her hair was now dyed red with his blood. She didn't care. She just wanted him back.

Lucy touched her friends shoulder gently. "Levy. I don't think he cared about that. It mattered that he got to see you smile one last time."

Levy pulled away and looked at Lucy, her bloody hair sticking to her cheeks.
Lucy was right. Gajeel would want her to be strong. Fight on in his absence.

At least she got to see him smile because of her one last time.

Nothing else mattered

Just that

One

Last

Time.

•••••••••••••••••••••

{Sorry guys I really had an urge to write that. I'm still working on a Gruvia one shot, not a lemon, and a nalu, yes a lemon, so bear with me okay? Lemme know what ya think}