Placemats: Nalu

[This one is dedicated to my little sister BloodyRosemarie and my wife purple9876464 because they are Nalu fans and I wanna break them for a moment]

"Nashi." Lucy called loudly from the kitchen. "Are you all done yet? We have to set the table." The blonde called, wiping her hands on her apron as she turned around to see her six year old little girl in the doorway.

"Not yet momma." The girl said before turning away, back out of the room. Her pink hair bounced slightly as it did so. Thankfully, the little one had gotten her mother straight hair so it was easier to handle but the coloring was entirely from her father. The fire Mage had proudly declared when she was born that she would be a perfect fire mage. Only time would tell but for now she was a daddy's girl.

"Well when your done set them on the table." Lucy called turning back to the oven where her beans were cooking on the stove. "Remember to listen for Auntie Levy and Uncle Gajeel."

"Yes momma." Nashi called loudly in response.

The celestial mage smiled softly to herself as she went back to checking on the turkey and ensuring that all the door was almost ready. Today was Thanksgiving and Lucy wanted everything to be perfect for their family.

The woman hadn't even noticed how late it was getting until she heard the little girl squeal in excitement. "Momma. Momma. Uncle Gajeel. Uncle Gajeel." She called running into the room, pulled behind her in her small fist was the iron dragon slayer who was pretending to be pulled along. "Man Lucy. What have you been feeding this squirt huh?" He asked smirking and ruffling the little girls pink hair.

Lucy looked behind him to see her best friend Levy walking calmly into the room. Their two sons running into the room with dark smirks, that could only have been from their father, on their faces. "Hey Nashi." Gale teased poking her playfully. The eight year old loved to mess with Nashi as much as possible. "Shut up Gale." The girl retorted only to be backed up by Levy's five year old son named Wren. "Yeah Gale."

"Boys." Gajeel growled, standing to his full height. "What did I tell you about picking on girls? Especially Nashi." The two boys quickly scrambled to hide behind their mother who merely shot Gajeel a small look. "Go play." The male said suddenly. The two boys took off with Nashi following close behind.

"Nashi finish your mats so we can set the table." Lucy called after the girl. Sighing the two women collapsed in the chairs next to the table. "I'm tired." Lucy muttered. Levy merely nodded in response. Gajeel chuckled patting his wife's head softly. "I'll finish dinner up." He said walking into the kitchen with a smile.

"So how has everything been?" Levy asked smiling at the woman sitting across from her. "Good." Lucy answered. "How are you? Another baby on the way huh?" She asked with a smirk. "Gajeel sure has you busy." The blue haired girl blushed deeply rubbing her stomach. "What? He just wants a big family. Nothing wrong with that." She mumbled softly. Lucy laughed pulling her friend into a hug. "Never said their was. Nashi will have plenty of people to play with. Speaking of which. Nashi are you done?"

A few moments later the little girl skipped into the room holding decorated place mats in her hand. "I'll set the table mommy." The little girl said pulling a chair up and climbing slowly. The two women watched carefully to ensure that she didn't fall but she didn't.

As the pink haired girl laid down the placemats she said where everyone was sitting. "Uncle Gajeel can sit here. And Auntie Levy here. Then Gale. And Wren. Then me. Then momma." As the little girl reached the head of the table only the most decorated and beautiful one was left. "And this is where daddy will sit."

Those words brought tears to Lucy's eyes and she had to excuse herself from the room. "What?" The girl asked looking at Levy with innocence. For three years now, Natsu had been MIA. Lucy raised Nashi alone with Gajeel and Levy's help. The girl knew that her father was missing but for some reason had made another place mat.

"Nashi. You know your mother doesn't like to mention your father. And he isn't coming home." Levy said looking down at her belly. A look of anger crossed the girls face as she looked at her "aunt".

"Daddy is coming home for dinner. I know it." She yelled stomping her foot. "Daddy is coming and I made him a placemat." Hearing her daughters screams of anger, Lucy walked back into the room. Her eyes now puffy and bloodshot from crying. "Nashi I know you want daddy home but he isn't coming home. You know this."

Her daughter again stomped her foot with anger as she jumped of the table. "Yes he is. Daddy is coming home." With that the little girl stormed toward the door. Lucy of course running after her. As the little one reached it, the door slowly began to open. "Gajeel." Levy called leery from the other room.

"Who's not coming home?" A certain pink haired male asked from the doorway. "Daddy." The girl squealed running toward her father with full force. The dragon slayer caught her in his arms and held her close grinning. "Look at how big you've gotten." He whispered holding her close.

Lucy stood in the doorway in shock waiting for him to disappear into thin air before her very eyes. "I'm real Luc." He called stepping in and closing the door. "And man have a missed you." Setting the girl down, the male ran toward his wife who met him half way. The couple erupted into tears as they clasped onto each other.

Together the two fell to their knees holding one another. Their little girl running to their side and nuzzling her way in between their arms. "Told you momma." The little girl said proudly as she hugged her father tight.

Suddenly a loud cry of a toddler was heard. "Mommmm." Came the loud piercing cry. "That must be Igneel." Lucy said softly looking away from her husband with a blush. "Who?" Natsu asked quickly tilting his head in confusion. "Well Natsu. It's our three year old son. I was pregnant when you left." The female smiled shyly.

A wide smirk crossed the fire dragon slayers face as he looked at his wife. "Well this day just keeps getting better and better."

(I hope everyone liked this. It's been a while since I wrote a good long Nalu and I had to put so Gale in their because you guys know me. Anyway I hope you enjoyed it. I'm gonna try to update more again. Comment what y'all thought.)