Falling: Nalu

{Omg you guys are so sweet. Thanks for all the comments. This one shot is for @DemonicCookie }

She was falling again.

And this time he wasn't there to catch her.

She collapsed to the ground. Blood pooling beneath her body.

Natsu stood and ran to her, collapsing by her side. Already he could tell it was too late. She was gone. Her blonde hair was stained with fresh blood.

Her brown eyes looked up and met his. "Goodbye Natsu."

•••••••••••••••••

Natsu shot up in bed looking around. His breath heavy. Happy turned over and looked at Natsu. "Natsu. What's wrong?" He asked softly looking at him.

"Go back to sleep Happy." Natsu whispered standing up and pulling on his vest. "I've gotta go see Lucy."

"You likeeeee herrrrrr." Happy mumbled sleepily.

"I do not. I just had a dream and I'm worried." He muttered sliding on his sandals before walking out the door.

••••••••••••

Lucy laid happily in bed curled up comfortable until her window slid open and she heard the bed shift.

"Ugh. Natsu not now." She groaned rolling over in her bed.

"Lucy." Natsu smiled happily and sat down beside her. "Your okay." He whispered breathlessly as he pulled her into a tight hug. Her head laying carefully against his chest.

Lucy looked a little surprised before looking up at him. "Natsu." She said softly before his lips met hers. A look of surprise crossed the girls face until she felt her lips moving against his.

This was a dream. A lovely wonderful dream that she hoped she never woke up from. As they kissed, Lucy felt a liquid touch her cheek. She pulled away and saw that he was crying. "Natsu." She gasped softly lifting his chin to look into her eyes. "What's wrong?"

Natsu's eyes met Lucy's and she felt like she was going to melt under his stare. "I had a dream. You." He stuttered softly looking away from her and then back to her eyes. "You were falling and I didn't catch you." Tears start to stream down the pink haired boys cheeks. "I couldn't. I couldn't save you."

Lucy smiled and ran a hand gently through his pink hair. "But Natsu. I'm right here." She said with a smile. "I'm right here and I'm safe."

He smiled and hugged her tightly to his chest again. "I will keep you safe Lucy. Your my nakama."

Lucy smiled and closed her eyes leaning her head happily against his chest. Sure he hadn't said that he loved her. But he meant it. In the things he did.

After a while his breath calmed down and he seemed asleep. Lucy still held tightly in his arms.

"Love you too Natsu." Lucy whispered before her eyes closed and she fell asleep.

Natsu grinned letting his eyes open. His lips pressed gently against her forehead before he whispered softly. "I know Lucy. I know."