My Turn: Gajevy

{The art is from the goddess rboz on tumblr and yeah. This is based on her picture okay. Okay but I'm sorry I haven't updated in a while. No excuses I should have and I'm sorry.}

The two mages stood breathing heavily. Gajeel's hands tightened into fists as he stared at the male in front of him. Both he and Levy had been fighting him for the past half hour and there still wasn't a mark in sight.

So far he had kept the male against his shrimp but he wasn't taking any chances with that.

"Now where were we?" The man chuckled taking a step toward Levy with a smirk crossing his face.

Gajeel growled angrily stepping closer to the male and in front of Levy. "You and I were in the middle of a fight. It isn't nice to ignore someone in the middle of that." He muttered looking at Levy over his shoulder for a short second before looking back at the mage.

With the flick of a wrist, the iron dragon slayer was flown across the forest and into a near by tree. "Gajeel." Levy screamed rushing to his side.

Kneeling beside him Levy could see the cut on his forehead was bleeding terribly. "Gajeel. Talk to me." She whispered softly pressing a hand to his forehead. Gajeel's eyes opened for a moment to meet Levy's brown ones before shutting again. "Gajeel." The girl screamed in fear before she felt herself being pulled away from him. Her fingers held as tightly onto Gajeel as she could but the magic was stronger. In result she ended up pulling off Gajeel's jacket.

The blue haired girl scrambled to stand, still holding tightly to the dragon slayers jacket as she did so. Without a second thought Levy slid the jacket on confidently.

A soft snort escaped the males throat at the sight he saw before him. "You think that will save you? It sure didn't save him." Behind her, Gajeel started to stand. His breath heavy and filled with pain.

Levy looked over her shoulder to see Gajeel and held out her hand yelling 'push' loudly. With that the word appeared on his chest and pushed him back down onto the ground. "Let me handle this Gajeel. I can do it." She yelled confidently. Despite her words Gajeel struggled against the words until he felt his strength gather enough to push them away.

Levy stood deflecting as many of the mages blows away from herself as she could. Occasionally the magic would push past her defenses and she would take a blow, but still the script mage pressed forward. Giving everything she had to protecting her wounded dragon slayer.

"Give up little one." The male taunted her with a look of amusement. "You can't beat me."

Levy panted softly looking down at her small body. Her pale skin was covered in bruises and scrapes. "I will beat you. For Gajeel I will." She yelled loudly, her fists clenching in anger.

Gajeel forced himself to stand, slowly hobbling to Levy's side. The girl took no notice and continued fighting. A strong hand clamping on her shoulder forced her to turn away from the man whom she was having a stare down with. "Gajeel I can do this." She whispered softly before giving him a confident smile.

The Mage sent a wave of runes toward the two fairy tail wizards. Levy merely put up her hand and yelled 'wall' as loud as possible. With that the runes vanished into thin air. A small smirk crossed the girls face as she stepped closer to the male. "I'm not afraid."

Levy and the dark wizard sat battling for what felt like hours. Eventually the solid script Mage had gotten the upper hand. Strapping him up right so he could no longer us his rune magic.

"I did it." The blue haired girl turned around in time to see her dragon slayer collapse to the ground from lack of blood. "Gajeel." She yelled softly running to his side. "Gajeel listen to me. We will get you home I promise. I did it this time. I protected you."

••••••••••••••••

When Gajeel finally woke up, the first sight he saw was a large mess of blue hair. A soft groan escaped his chest as he felt the weight upon his chest.

"Gajeel." Levy squeaked sitting up and looking at his face with a small smile. "Your okay?" She asked gently. The moment his head began to move up and down, the girl tackled him again in a tight hug.

A soft chuckle escaped the males lips as he wrapped his arm around her waist. "Yeah shrimp. I'm okay. Thank to you." Levy pulled away to look at him still smiling.

Gajeel smiled cupping her cheeks with his palms. "I've got you so I'm okay." He whispered connecting their lips, much to Levy's surprise. It didn't take long for the girls moral to cave and her lips moved smoothly against his. Her lips smooth against Gajeel's cracked ones.

When the two had finally pulled away, their faces were both red and covered in a knowing grin. They didn't have to say anything because it was known. They would do anything to protect the other and that is the strongest kind of love.