Dads Special Training: Gajeel and Son

(So this one shot is entire caused by @dontask11140 They gave me the incentive to write this and also to write more tonight. So thank them for this.

On with Poppa Gajeel!

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Being away from the house was always nerve racking for Levy Redfox. But as she stood on the train station platform, she couldn't help but worry.

Her husband had a knack for destroying things and for going above and beyond.

Of course that was a few years ago.

Now, the great Kurogane had become a home body, taking day long jobs instead of week ones.

But instead of Levy just leaving her husband home alone for the week while she traveled with team Shadow Gear on a mission. She was also leaving her four year old son Gale with him. It wasn't that Gajeel couldn't handle being alone with their son or that she didn't trust him. The Mage just worried about what Gale's father was teaching him while she was away. Last time the script Mage had gone away for three days for a girls trip, she returned to hear her son cursing worse than she had ever heard before. When asked where her darling four year old had learned these harsh words he responded with a casual, 'training with daddy'.

"You're sure you will be okay?" Levy asked again as she set her bag down. Behind Gajeel her son frolicked gaily, chasing after some sort of butterfly. "I can tell Jet and....."

"Levy." Gajeel cut her off as he placed his calloused palm against her cheek. "Me and the squirt will be just fine." He spoke calmly, gently stroking her cheek with his thumb. "It ain't like he's that much to handle. Kid is way more well behaved then I was." The dragon slayer grunted rubbing the back of his neck with his free hand.

A soft sigh escaped the woman's lips before she heard Gale scream in excitement. "Uncle Jet. Uncle Droy." He grinned suddenly releasing the butterfly he had just caught and running toward the other two members of the Shadow Gear trio.

"Getting big Gale." Jet smiled picking the short dark haired boy in his arms.

"Duh." The four year old grinned looking at his adopted uncle as if the answer to his hidden question was obvious. "I have to get big if I'm gonna be a dragon slayer like papa."

Hearing his sons words, Gajeel smirked proudly and ruffled the little boys hair. "That's right squirt. Gotta be big and strong."

Levy smiled a little watching the men interact. They had all come so far in the few years since Gajeel and her had gotten married. So much had changed and she couldn't have been happier.

Suddenly the whistle blew and Levy was pulled from her thoughts.

"We better get going." Droy called as he began to walk toward the train steps. Jet nodded in agreement as he set Gale down beside his father. "Watch my nephew." He said simply as he looked at Gajeel. "Protect my wife." Gajeel nodded back letting his hand rest on his sons head. The male nodded in response before walking toward the train.

Levy looked up at Gajeel and then down at her son with a small smile. "Be good for your father okay Gale?" She spoke softly as she collapsed to her knees and pulled the little boy into her chest.

"I will momma." Gale spoke wrapping his slightly chubby arms around his mothers neck and holding her close.

"And you." The woman continued as she stood, holding her son in her arms. "Be good to your son." She whispered as she looked into the Crimson eyes of her husband.

Gajeel nodded leaning down and softly pressing his lips against hers. The kiss didn't last long before it was interrupted by Gale making a soft "blegh" noise at his parents affection. Pulling away slowly, the dragon slayer rubbed his nose gently against his wife's. "Stay safe shrimp." He muttered softly. Levy nodded before pecking her husbands lips once more. Her lips moved to her sons forehead as she passed him to his father, who traded her for her bag.

"I love you." She called smiling as she stepped onto the train.

Both males smiled and waved a hand as  Gajeel called back a simple "we love you too."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Alright Squirt." Gajeel grunted gently setting his son down on the seat beside him. The two males sat the guilds bar waiting for Mira to bring along the breakfast that both boys wanted. "We need to teach you how to be better with people."

"But I am good with people." Gale spoke simply as he picked up a color left on the table from the last time he had decided to color. "Momma teaches me all about how to be nice."

The older male sighed, leaning his head back. "I ain't talking about manners and shit Gale. I'm talking about how ta deal with people."

Gale looked his father up and down, cocking his studded eyebrow at his father.

"Listen. When I was your age, my dad..."

"Grandpa Metallicana the fiercest dragon of all time." Gale interrupted with a proud fire in his eyes.

Gajeel grunted and nodded. "Yeah. Well when I was your age he taught me all about how dragons worked." He paused for a moment to see if his son was paying attention. After a few moment his son looked up from his coloring expectantly, as if annoyed that his father had stopped. "About how girls and guys were together."

"Like you and momma." The boy said simply. "How momma your mate and you just knew."

His father nodded and gave him a small smile. "Yeah."

"I can't decide on my mate." Gale added suddenly.

"Oh yeah." Gajeel said casually as he picked up the mug of beer Mira had placed in front of him.

A small nod was all Gajeel received and for a moment he was sure that the conversation was over. "Nova's really cute and strong but she's got a mean attitude. I really like Rosemary but I don't think mom will approve cuz she's 6."

Gajeel's almost spit his beer all over the table. "Two? You can't have two mates Gale."

"Well why not? Nova will fight good and rosemary makes good food." The boy asked innocently.

His father was silent for a moment before shrugging. "Hey. If they both like ya then why not. As long as you don't like salamanders kid I'm fine." He chuckled ruffling his sons hair gently. "Now don't tell your mom I said that."