The Necklace: Gajevy

(So I found this idea and I've decided to do it for all the couples. Starting with the best tho)

Ever since Levy could remember, she wore her half necklace. And never once had it felt warm against her skin. Every day she would run her fingers over the oddly shaped upside down L and hope that it would become warm. Part of her was sure that it was broken. The other part just hoped that her soul mate was really special.

The one time she would have never expected to feel the heat from the necklace was during the Phantom Lord attack on Fairy Tail. The necklace lit up hotter than anything should could ever remember. After that the necklace stayed a warm heat as though her soul mate was right around the corner.

The girl had hoped it would be the dragon slayer she was falling in love with but he never mentioned it to her. Also she had never even seen a necklace around his neck. Maybe Gajeel already found his mate and something happened.

••••••••••
Gajeel hated the idea that a necklace was supposed to tell him when he met his soul mate. And, after Metallicana leaving him, he decided that love didn't matter to him. It was something that didn't matter.

Part of him was curious as to whether him and the shrimp were soul mates but he kept himself from seeing. No necklace was gonna tell him who he was destined to be with. Especially since he didn't deserve a good girl like Levy. No. He had caused her pain. He didn't even deserve to be happy.

Of course the temptation was still there to look. He just wanted to to see the shape of Levy's necklace. By now Gajeel's necklace was lost. He had thrown it into his mess of objects while he was at Phantom Lord. No one was permitted to wear their necklaces because there was no room for love in any of their hearts. Sure the guys had their sex. And those were great nights. But it wasn't love. Just something to get the urge over for the day.

•••••••••••
Gajeel looked up as Lily and him were ransacking through the drawers in his home. "Come on Lil. I know it's here somewhere." He growled. It had been a long night and all that he wanted to find whatever the shrimp had left the last time she was over.

"This would be much simpler if you allowed Levy to tell us what she's looking for." Lily said as he continued to throw things into a pile on the floor. Counter to what most thought, Gajeel's room was usually clean. Part of it was because he rarely stayed in it. But the other part was that he likes a little method in his chaos.

"I would be fine with her telling us." The dragon slayer muttered as he lifted a pack of papers to look beneath it. "She's the one that doesn't wanna talk about what it is." He said with a soft huff of annoyance.

The exceed smirked a little to himself. His own necklace hung around his neck. It had been completed since before Gajeel and he had met. He just didn't like to talk about it. Much in the same way that Gajeel didn't like to talk about why he didn't wear his necklace. The two males had that respect for one another. Despite that, Lily knew why Gajeel was upset. He didn't want Levy in their home because he enjoyed having her close and vice versa.

Levy had told Lily once, in confidence that he would never tell anyone else, that she thought Gajeel was her soulmate. Her necklace always heated up when he was around and felt cooler when she left his side.

Despite Lily's words of wisdom, Levy refused to tell Gajeel of this. She assumed that Gajeel had already found his soul mate and just wanted to be nice. But if that was true why did her half of the necklace heat up.

Lily was bound to secrecy by Gajeel never to tell anyone about him not where his necklace, or even knowing where it was. So Levy was left in the dark, thinking that her mate really belonged to someone else.

••••••••••
Gajeel suddenly stood up straight from ransacking around. "Shrimps here." He said with a soft growl before going back to what he was doing. "Get the door Lil."

PantherLily sighed and spread his wings before heading to the door. Pulling it open he looked up to see the blue headed solid script Mage looking down at the exceed with a nervous smile. "He isn't looking is he?" She asked biting her lip nervously. When Lily nodded the girl let out a soft sigh.

"Gajeel. Gajeel don't worry about it I found it." She called stepping past the exceed and into the house.

Gajeel scrambled to get up and get to the doorway before Levy but it was too late. The Mage was standing in the doorway with wide eyes. Tears started to slip down her face and Lily moved to comfort her. "I. I didn't mean for you to make a mess over me." She sobbed softly.

"Shrimp." Gajeel called stepping over some the pile and in front of her. "This is nothing." He said simply lifting her chin to look at him. "I can clean this up in a few hours."

On her chest, the necklace started to burn her skin slightly but she ignored it. It wasn't true. The girl nodded slowly. "Then I'm going to help you."

•••••••••
Gajeel sighed softly to himself as he sat on the bed and watched the small blue haired mage run around his room. After half an hour of arguing with her, Gajeel had given up. Letting her take responsibility for his room being messy.

The male leaned back against his hand as he watched her clean the house with ease.

"Damn. She always need to clean the house." Gajeel chuckled softly to himself. That laugh caught in his throat as Levy opened one of the drawers in his bedside cabinet. No. No. No. That had things in there he didn't want her to see. Pictures and letters. Personal things.

"Levy please don't......" His voice trailed off as the girl pulled a long black cord from the drawer. He knew that cord. He swore never to wear it and now she had found it. The dragon slayer looked down at his hands.

"G.....Gajeel is this you.....?" Levy whispered softly as she cradled the necklace in her hands despite the burning feeling it caused.

"Yeah." Gajeel muttered softly as he stood up and began walking to her side.

"Baka." The girl shouted suddenly throwing the necklace with such a force that Gajeel thought she had broken it. "Here I have been thinking that you are already mated and you just haven't been wearing it." She yelled and Gajeel could see the tears streaming down her face.

"I didn't even know it was there Lev." He said flinching softly at the girls tears. Seeing her cry was something that Gajeel most certainly didn't enjoy.

"I...." He tried to start before seeing the girl pull her necklace from her neck and throw it to the floor.

The two necklaces met and melded into what could easily be noticed as an iron nail.

"You had that this whole time. And just. You didn't wanna be with me." The girl sobbed picking it up and shoving it into his chest. "Well there you go. Lock it away like it doesn't matter. Just like me." She continued.

Gajeel was panicked. Without hesitation he leaned forward and captured her lips in his. The girls hands that were hitting against his chest went still. Slowly wrapping around his neck and melting into the kiss.

"It ain't that I don't want ya." He said after pulling away. His Crimson eyes staring seriously into her brown ones. "I just don't deserve a soul mate as good as ya." He continued.

The girl slapped his chest roughly as she held the necklace between them. Her hand opening slightly so they both could see it.

"If this necklace can change with an addition, so can you." Levy smiled looking up at him.

"And I'll be your plus one."

(Wow. Longest one shot I've ever written. It's around 1330 words! Pretty proud of this one honestly. Can't wait for the next one. It's Jerza since everyone's been begging for that.)
Luv
A.B.