5

"Sweetie, you already had your night shift turn. Are you sure you want to do it again?" Your father questioned you.

You gave him a bright smile, trying your best to act the part. "Of course it's fine. Really. I want to spend the time alone. I'll be fine."

Your father squinted his eyes, moving to say something else but your mother stopped him. "I have to go make dinner soon, dear. I'm sure (Y/N) will be just fine." She gave you a teasing smile over your dad's shoulders. "Besides there are two nice police officers staying on the first floor should there be trouble."

You grimace but immediately grinned when both of your parents looked at you. While your mother seemed to be thinking something else, her words eased your father. "Alright. Be careful. We will see you in the morning."

You gave them both hugs goodbye, waving at them from the door. When they made it out the back and began their trek to your family home, you turned back around and began your night chores.

You noticed you tried to finish them quickly, wanting to reach a specific room quicker than normal. You were thankful for the patrons not wanting many things which allowed you freetime to get to where you wanted.

When you had done what you needed to, you waited outside the door for a moment, trying to build up the courage to knock. You raised your hand before you chickened out and rapped your knuckles along the wood.

Jongho opened up the door, allowing you room to walk in. The other man was sitting in the chair you often occupied while speaking with Yeosang who seemed to be conscious.

"You're awake." You called to him. He gave you a breathtaking smile in return.

"Yes, thanks to the medicine." He answered. "All I need now is to clean the rest of the wound. The pills left should be enough to aid the healing process for the next few days."

You nodded your head quickly, moving to unwrap the man from the sheets that were stained red. "I'll help you with that."

"We're going to go see the others." The tall officer spoke to you two. "We'll be back in a moment."

"If you so much as do anything-"

"I don't need wanted criminals to be on the hunt for me or my family." You spoke up, not daring to look at the two. Yeosang had a grin on his face as he listened to your conversation. He just knew each of his friends who would have trouble befriending you.

Yunho looked to Yeosang, getting a nod in return. "Do be careful."

Yeosang noticed your fingers pause just for a moment before resuming the chore of removing his makeshift gauze. With the man conscious, he was able to move just the tiniest of bits to make the whole thing easier for you.

You decided on washing his skin before addressing the wound. For now it was best to allow it to breathe some before closing it off once more. There was silence that both of you seemed to find no trouble in enjoying. However Yeosang took a few moments to take a look at you.

It didn't seem to bother you much to look at him with the top half of his clothing. You didn't so much as seem phased with seeing his torso. Most women he had come across seemed to shy away from the advances his comrades gave them, giggling and blushing red. However he figured maybe things weren't the same when you thought you were going to die.

"They won't kill you." He expressed.

You stopped wiping the rag along his collarbone, trying to fight off the smile from your face at hearing his deep voice. You could hear the small lisps he had which you found to be adorable.