37

Hongjoong laid out the map that you had seen the other day. He had city hall circled on the page and the routes highlighted. There were a few other things crossed out or underlined as well. Most of which were on the other side of Cromer.

"Here's a map of Cromer." He told everyone.

"This is the mayor's home, but the stronghold is in city hall." He pointed to an estate located on the other side of the city from where your family's hotel was.

After hearing that the mayor was involved with the cult, you figured there wouldn't be much evidence of that in the city hall. Someone should still be going through the files, but the letter they had intercepted was personal, so it would be hidden in the mayor's home office.

"I don't know." You spoke up. "I don't think we should be heading for city hall." You explained.

"What do you think then?" Yunho asked you. "We still need to take all the money back."

"What about the evidence about them giving the money to Scienslaver?" You questioned. "One of us should go to the mayor's home and the judges." You added.

"Why the judge?" Seognhwa asked.

"Quaid was appointed town judge two years ago, which was when the mayor started raising taxes." You explained.

"Quaid?" Wooyoung spoke up. "The judge is named Quaid? Thomas?" He asked.

"Yeah." You answered. "He was the one who signed mine and Yeosang's marriage certificate."

"I knew he looked familiar." The boy snapped his fingers, nodding his head as he thought back to the day you got married.

"You know him?" Hongjoong questioned.

"He goes to a lot of underground fighting." Wooyoung told him. "Well used to. He made bets on people and would take the money back to Jo."

Your eyebrows furrowed together when Wooyoung mentioned underground fighting. You figured it had to do with their life back in Aurora, but it still left you a bit worried. All Wooyoung did was add questions to the list.

"Not anymore it seems." Yeosang said.

Quaid had clearly stopped placing bets on fighters to get money and moved onto a better form of income. Something must have happened back in the big city. But whatever it was, it seemed he was still trying to support the cult.

Gambling was no secret here in Cromer, but for someone like Klein, it might as well be criminal activity. While you had never personally met the man, you knew people were proud of him because he would take into account what everyone needed and wanted. Both the rich and the poor found ways to appreciate him.

"Klein grew up here in Cromer in the slums." You started. "He has been one of the greatest mayors this town has ever seen. But ever since Quaid came up, things went downhill for him. He turned into a recluse and only seems to make demands and agreements from within his office."

"If I know Quaid, the man is a manipulative bitch. He must have Klein wrapped around his finger." Wooyoung told you.

You didn't think evidence of the cult would be found within Klein's office, but there could be things tying him to it. Quaid on the other hand probably had journals and stacks of files dedicated to the entire thing. Either way, you thought it would be best to enter both of their homes in order to have something to blackmail.

If it came down to it, the only one you would probably blackmail was Klein. Quaid was another story. He had no ties to the town–aside from being the county judge–he could easily skip town and not think twice about the people. They were opposite people who cared about opposite things. Klein was just too nice of a man to not fall into the temptations of sweet talk.

"So who's where?" Yunho asked.

"Groups of three." You told them. "Three go to Quaid's home. Three to Klein's. And three to city hall–obviously at different times." Some of them looked at you with wide eyes, while others nodded their heads with your idea.

"Three?" Jongho questioned. "Who are these three? There's 8 of us."

"You're going to tell me I can't go?" You turned to the man, looking at him pointedly.

"It's dangerous-"

"I know Cromer much better than any of you. I know the people." You cut Yunho off.

"Doll-" Mingi tried to calm you down.

"Princess goes." Hongjoong stopped them all. "However, you're going with the team who's getting the horde."

You nodded your head when he gave you a harsh look. Hongjoong was not going to allow you to argue with his plans over where you went, and you were not going to put yourself in that position. You respected his wishes, just like all the others. Though, you can't lie and say you didn't want to disobey him just a bit–only to see what would happen.

"That team will go at night when everyone's asleep. The others will have to do it when Quaid and Klein are out of their houses." Hongjoong continued.

"Who's going where?" San asked.

"If Quaid is involved with the cult like you said, I wouldn't put it behind him to have a bit more security on his things compared to Klein." You started. "Whoever has the best ability at fighting should go there. Klein isn't going to have much compared to him but the risk of going at night while he's asleep, so that team is fit to go at the same time as Quaid's."

"That way–and I am begging you get out there–the police only have the chance of going to one house at a time." You looked up when they all stayed quiet.

"What?" You blushed.

"You trying to take the captain's spot?" Seonghwa teased, elbowing the shorter man in his rib.

"At least she knows how to plan, unlike half of all of you." Hongjoong rolled his eyes, scoffing.

The boys all began to protest, crying over who was able to come up with better plans than another. You laughed at how they turned unserious in a matter of seconds. It made all the worry about the whole thing go away for just a moment.

"I don't think I'd find as much pleasure as Hongjoong with being called Captain." You teased, causing all the boys to laugh at the blue haired man who turned away.

"Anyways." Hongjoong cleared his throat. "Yunho, take Jongho and San to Quaid's house." He began. "You three are the most experienced when it comes to fighting, just in case he has guards. Seonghwa, me and Mingi will go to Klein's home."

"Wooyoung, Yeosang and Princess can take the horde from city hall. We'll wait outside for the loot and disperse it as soon as possible." He looked up. "City hall heist should go down first, that way the following day everyone will be too busy trying to figure out what happened with all the money. Quaid and Klein will be too busy to be at home, which will be perfect for us to go into their homes then."

"We'll be look-outs." You told Hongjoong, getting a nod from the man.

"Everyone okay with that?" When the captain got nods and agreements from everyone, he turned to you. "Princess?"

Everyone waited for your response. You gave them a grin.

"Whenever you give the order."