45

You never really thought of your own home to be something that you would be coming back to. You thought you would still have a while before leaving the house fully. But now standing in front of the building that you grew up in with your four other siblings, you realized how much you really miss home.

Your time spent with the boys never really made you call for it but now that you had been gone for a few months things were falling on top of you. It didn't call for stress on your part, in fact, it made you want to strive for more. Made you want to finish things quicker so that you could keep everyone safe.

Especially your family.

"(Y/N)." Your mother called out when you walked into the house, seeing all the boys following behind you. "What's going on?" She asked, wiping her hands on her apron from the dinner she was making.

"Mom, I need you all to come with me." You explained to her, looking at your sister who had been helping your mother. "Things are going to get rough and I need to keep you all safe."

"Get rough?" Your mother frowned. She took another glance at all the boys who had somber looks. "(Y/N), what are you doing?" She asked you quietly.

"Nothing that will get me harmed." You immediately answered her. "I'm going to take father out of jail." You sighed looking at her. "I need to protect you all."

Your older brother wasn't in the home so you knew he was going to be in the hotel. But either way, it was best that your mother would take all four of them someplace that would be out of harm's way. You hoped things wouldn't reach that point and maybe they wouldn't, but just to be on the safe side. It was best to send your family away from Cromer.

"You don't have to do anything." Your mother shook her head, not understanding you completely. "You are our daughter and we are here to protect you." She said pointedly.

"Now it's my turn." Yeosang spoke up behind you. "You've done all you can. You've raised such an amazing daughter and we can't thank you enough for that."

You turned to face Yeosang, your chest hurting less from the guilt as you watched his soft expression. Each one of them had one as they looked at your family. Just as they cared for you, you knew they would care for them as well. Make sure with everything they had they would be safe. You were all in this together now.

"Where will we be going?" Your sister spoke up, giving you a look when Yeosang said we.

"We have a safe house in Hala." Hongjoong spoke up, coming to the front to speak better with your mother. "It's not that far from here and there are people there going to take you in." He explained.

"A safe house?" Your mother looked at you incredulously. "What kind of people are you?" She asked as she frowned looking over at the boys.

"The ones who are trying to protect this country." You stepped in front of your mom, defending the boys. "We were the ones who took the money from city hall." You told her with confidence, not caring about spilling that big of a secret.

"(Y/N)?!" Your mother gasped, while your sister only looked at you with wide eyes.

"Mother, you have to understand we didn't do it out of malice." You immediately began to explain your case. "The money we took we gave it back to the people."

"But those are taxes the mayor asked for—" Hongjoong cut your mother off.

"And they weren't used properly." He said. "He doesn't need that much money to support the city. He was sending it to Strickland."

Your mother began to frown as she took in his words. "Strickland? Isn't that a town by Aurora that helps people?"

You frowned at how she could have possibly thought of something like that. While she was right to say it was a town near Aurora that meant she must have heard of it before.