31

You felt odd watching yourself in the mirror. You could remember putting on your mother's wedding dress as a child and giggling to yourself about your dream husband. You had always thought you would find someone perfect to spend the rest of your life with. However, getting into your teens, you found yourself disliking the boys around you more than not.

You had watched your classmates get married and start their own families, while you stayed to work in the hotel. You didn't regret that part of your life. The regret was for not allowing yourself to find more things outside your own family. But now you have the boys in front of you, holding their hands out for you to take and lead you towards where you deserve to be.

"I never thought I would see the day you would get to wear this dress." You turned around, facing your mother who was smiling brightly, eyes glassy.

"Did you have no hope for me to get married?" You laughed, feeling your breath get caught in your throat.

You knew where this entire thing was heading, but that still didn't make it any less emotional. You were going to leave your childhood home and follow your path–alone.

"I thought (S/N) would get married before you." She laughed. "But that's not the case here." She pressed her lips together, looking down to the floor. "(Y/N), are you sure this is what you want? I know you're only doing this because of us sending you away, but we won't do that anymore-" She told you.

"Mom, I want to do this." You stopped her. "More than anything. If this is where I have to go, then I'm more than happy to take it."

She might have not known what it was you were feeling over the whole ordeal, but she could tell this was where you had your mind set to. And when you had your thoughts in order and knew what you were going to, you were going to see it through. She had been the one who gave birth to you and held you in her womb. She was going to make sure you had everything you wanted.

"Let's get going then." She took your hands, pulling you along to walk out the house.

(S/N) was beaming at the door, holding onto a parasol. Her shoulders raised as she tried her hardest not to cry. You could feel your eyes start to sting, but you tried not to let it get to you. You took the parasol, picking up your skirts to walk out the front door.

Your brother was helping your littlest one fix his shoes while your father watched over them. When they heard you all step out, they quickly turned. Your dad sucked in a breath, as you came out into the sunlight.

"Dad." You bowed your head at him.

"(Y/N), you look just as beautiful as your mother had when we got married." You watched as tears welled up in his eyes.

"Thank you." You whispered out.

"I'm sorry." He cried, sobbing as he pulled you into a hug. "I'm-I'm so sorry I said those things to you. Please forgive me. I can't allow you to leave thinking I meant those horrible things." His grip tightened as his tears began to stain the dress.

You patted him on the back, hugging him as well." I know." You spoke, pushing him back lightly. "Even if I am leaving, you're still my dad and I will always love you. You gave me everything I could've asked for."

With everyone drying off their tears, you were all led to the wagon. Your family made their way towards the city hall, where you would sign the marriage certificate in front of the judge. Your hands become sweaty inside your lace gloves, fingers clenching and unclenching in fists.

Your throat suddenly became dry the moment you saw a group of people waiting outside the city hall. They were laughing loudly, shoving at Yeosang who stood in the middle of them all. A smile quickly found itself on your face, tears building up in your eyes once more, when you took in how handsome they all looked in their nice suits.