16

You tried your hardest to not jump off your moving horse when the looks of a camp came into view. Yunho was the one leading so he was the first to spot the logo they had created ages ago on a flag. When you caught sight of the man rushing forward, you were quick to follow along.

It took you all about five hours to find the camp the others had settled on. You had concluded that the entire journey probably could have been made in four, but seeing as how you all had to scavenge to find the marking Hongjoong left, an extra hour was added.

It seemed as though they went along the creek while also trying to stay hidden from it. Who knew if people were to follow along and come across them. The marking Hongjoong had left for you all really helped in finding the direction they headed. It seemed the boys had made their small camp next to a brook that stemmed off from the creek.

"Captain!" Yunho shouted with a large smile on his face.

The tall man's shout startled the men around the camp. They all whipped their heads around at Yunho's shout and quickly threw down all that they had in their hands. With excited yelps from Wooyoung and joyful laughs that fell from San's lips, they all huddled together to get a hug in. Hongjoong had a smile on his face as he patted all of his members on the back.

Wooyoung was of course the first one to notice you getting off your horse, quickly separating himself to rush up to you. "Sweetheart!" He cried out, pulling you into a hug.

You wrapped your arms around his neck, dropping your head into his shoulder as you clenched onto him tightly. "You're all okay." You whispered into his neck.

"Of course we are." Wooyoung grinned. He pulled back to look you over. "We've done this plenty of times." The boy teased.

Someone wrapped their arms around you from behind, causing you to turn your head. "Darling." The buff man greeted.

"San." You whispered, rubbing your hands along his arms on your waist. San's closed eye smile came into your view, which made you beam as tears started to well under your lids.

"You found us." Hongjoong spoke up, talking to the rest of his members who didn't have to go into hiding.

"No, that was thanks to Angel." Yunho grinned. " Honestly, the things her brain comes up with are outstanding. I'd say she'd be a great leader for a gang."

You deadpanned at the man's teasing smile on you. You tried not to laugh at his words, so you opt to shake your head. "You're so funny I forgot to laugh." You told him sarcastically.

"We'd never let you do that." Seonghwa laughed, bumping his shoulder with yours. "If you were to join a gang, it'd be ours."

You licked your lips slowly as you looked over at all the boys. A smile threatens to take over your face as you watch them playfully bicker with each other. The family dynamic they had made you almost jealous of it. They were much more than friends, but yet they knew that they could go to each other like ones.

You grinned. "Can't do that yet if I don't know you all well enough. Who says I trust you yet?" You teased.

"You think we are so great!" Wooyoung exclaimed. "If you didn't, you wouldn't have been so worried about us."

You gasped, lips pulled tightly as you couldn't keep the smile off your face. "Where did you hear that?" You pouted.

"No one needs to tell me to know you were." The boy's face remained in a grin, but his words softened as he looked at you.

A blush began to settle on your face as he looked down at you with an intense stare. You were something precious to him–more than any kind of jewel he would steal or the money he would win with San. He wanted to save you as a reward for all his hard work. He was glad to know you cared for them in some way.

"Doll?" A new voice interrupted from the edge of the clearing.

You turned around in San's grasp, taking in the sight of the tall pink haired man. He was carrying some game, dropping it down when he saw you turn to look at him. "Mingi." You gasped out, rushing to reach him.

Mingi grunted as your body slammed into him, wrapping his arms around you to keep you steady. As he wrapped a hand around the back of your head, he suddenly felt you shaking and he was reminded of that night he left you with Seonghwa. "Woah." He cooed, trying to pry you off his chest.

"Hey, why are you crying?" He held your cheeks in his hands, bending down to be eye level with you. His thumb continued to wipe at the tears that flowed out, pulling you back into his chest when your shaking didn't go down.

"I was worried about all of you, dammit." You sniffled. The others walked closer to the two of you, smiling as they realized how much they meant to you.

"Told you." Wooyoung snickered. He yelped when Jongho punched his arm, a pout on his lips as he soothed the bruise that was probably going to form.

You took in a deep breath, trying to calm down the sobs that had racked through your body. "I was so scared they found you and were going to put you all on death row." You turned around in Mingi's arms, choosing to look at all the boys who were watching you.

"Hey, we'd never let that happen." Yeosang spoke softly, moving forward to drift his fingers over your head. "Captain would never have that happen to any of us." You looked over to the man with blue hair who stood with crossed arms behind everyone.

"We're not going anywhere. It's been too long for us to give up." Seonghwa smirked.

"Besides," Mingi's arms wrapped themselves around your middle, his head leaning down onto your shoulder. "We have you to look after now."

Your cries turned into soft hiccups. You tried your best to wipe at your face, thinking you probably looked like an animal with how much you cried in a short amount of time.

"You guys don't have to look after me. I'm not a child." You laughed.

"But you're special to us." San smiled. "You're part of the gang now."

"Welcome to ATEEZ." Yunho grinned, his cheeks puffing out with his smile. "The group of outlaws that protect those who need it most."

You giggled to cover up your flustered state, which prompted the boys to coo at you. "I forgot, pretty girl likes when she gets attention." Seonghwa told the others.

"Oh! This is great news!" Wooyoung quickly pulled you into his hold, wrapping his arms tight around you.

"Wooyoung." Mingi lightly scolded.

"Look at her! She's a tomato!" Wooyoung's laugh sounded in your ears, which prompted you to lightly hit the boy's arm.

"Stop!" You scolded with a pout. All that got was more laughter.

As the boys started to tease you for your red face, Hongjoong watched from the back as they all interacted with you. He had a small smile on his face as he took in how well you all got along. However, before his mind could stray into waters he didn't think were possible, he sighed to himself. With his hands in his pants pockets, he turned around to head back into his tent.

You watched with sad eyes as he left the group, his face looking as though he was in deep thought. The others had often told you that he was someone who looked after all of them. The stress on his shoulders was much larger than he cared to admit. You knew that being part of the group was going to put a strain on his emotions over what to do. While you hadn't really spent much time with him, it was clear he carried a heavy burden on his shoulders to protect his gang.

You wanted all of them to be your friends and weren't going to allow the captain to single himself out. You were going to make it your mission to have him think of you as someone more than just the girl who was cared for by the boys. Not only that, but you wanted him to see you as part of his group of friends too.