Chapter 2- New Home

Bella P.O.V

"Why don't the two of you take our bags upstairs and I'll whip up so lunch?" Katnis suggested.

I looked at our father and saw him staring at her with worried eyes,"Katnis, sweetie, it's okay to cr-"

"Dad, I'm fine. Like I told Isabella, I am dealing with Mom's death. So, please stop worrying about me." she says leaning forward and placing a kiss to his cheek.

"Are you sure?" he asked her.

She smiles,"I'm sure, dad, not get going." she says before leaning over kissing my cheek before disappearing into the kitchen just as we started towards our rooms.

"I'm worried about her, Bella." dad says, placing her bag onto her bed.

"So am I. She's acting like herself." I say as I placed my bag on my bed and sat down.

"And that scares me. Losing Renee hit me hard so, I can only imagine how hard it was for the both of you." he says.

I nod at my father,"She's trying to be strong for the three of us and I wish she wouldn't. She she's not grieving and I'm afraid the pain and the anger she's not letting out is going to consume her entire will. I don't want that for her, dad." I say, a single tear streaming down my face.

"I know, sweetie, neither do I."
We'd been talking for about twenty minutes before she calls us down for lunch.

Lunch consisted of grilled cheese with turkey, tomato soup and a glass of milk. "Dig in. I hope you like it." she says with a smile fore sitting down across from dad who seemed more interested in her than his food.

"So, dad, what's been going in lately, other than the obvious?" she questioned him.

"Nothing really, sweetie." he says,"I've taken a couple of days off of work to spend time with my girls."

"What school are we going to?"

"Forks High School." he says.

"I start tomorrow, right?" she questioned.

"Just you?"

"Isabella doesn't think we should go tomorrow bit I insist that we do. I want to meet new people." she states.

Dad looks over at me,"You don't want to go?" he asked.

I shook my head,"No. I just don't think we're ready to be surrounded by new people yet. Not after mom."

"I disagree. We need to make things as normal as they can if we are going to heal after this tragic event. Mom would want us to keep living." she says.

"I am but I don't think tomorrow is the time to start just yet."

"Well, you stay home and I will head to school tomorrow. I'll tell you about it after." she says with a smile.

I shake my head,"Fine. I'll go to school with you." I stated.

"Awesome!" she cheered before taking a bite out of her grilled cheese and turkey sandwich.

Once were all done with lunch Katnis excused herself and walked outside onto the front porch. I watched her through the window as she sat down onto the steps and just looked around. She looked so broken and yet together. I couldn't tell you how she felt or what she must be going through.

"Why don't you join her? She may not admit it but she needs you, dad." I say.

I feel him kiss my hair before walking towards the door, opening it and joining Katnis in the porch. She looked up at him and smiled just before he sat down. She then wrapped her arm around his and leaned her head onto his shoulder. I watched as he kissed her head and rested his own on hers.

I hope our father can reach her in time before it all becomes too much for her.