Chapter 4- Cullen's Siblings

Katnis P.O.V

We were now heading to lunch and boy are these teens hungry. Watching everyone run, trip and fall all over each other just to get to the lunch room wasn't even funny,"Oh my God!" Bella screamed the moment we entered the cafeteria and noticed some guy with glasses being knocked down to the floor. Quickly, I rushed forward, pulling Bella with me and helped him to his feet.

"Are you alright?" I questioned him.

He fixes his glasses and meets my gaze,"I am thank you-" he looked from me to B before turning his gaze to me once again,"Uhhhhhh," he didn't really say much after that.

"Um, my name is Katnis and this is my sister Bella." I say.

"Damon Bennett." he says.

"Well, Damon, you took quite the fall. Are you sure you are alright?" I asked him.

He smiles at me and I have to say he has a great smile. To be quiet honest he was a very good looking guy...with or without glasses. He had the bluest eyes I've ever seen, short dark brown hair that stopped at his ears and he had a build of someone who worked out often but not all the time. He stood at about five foot nine and looked to weigh no more than one hundred and eighty pounds, that also being the muscles that were his arms.

"I'm fine." he says.

I smile and glance over at Bella,"Did you want to get something to eat?" I questioned.

She nods,"I should have eaten breakfast this morning." she complained.

With a chuckle, I turn to Damon,"Would you like to join us?"

He smiles brightly and nods,"Sure." he says.

After getting their lunches, we finally found a table, next to the door, that led out into the student parking lot. B sat next to.me while Damon sat across from us,"So, I have to ask. Why did Cullen run out of class like you'd just told him you were going to kill his entire family?" he questioned.

"Who?" I questioned.

"Cullen, from English class." he says.

"Oh, him, he felt sick and he didn't want to get sick in class." I say.

"You're the first person to ever come in contact with one of them." he says.

"One of them? There's more?" Bella asked.

"Five to be exact." he says gesturing towards a table where only four students remained at a table,"The only one missing is your Cullen, Edward." he says.

I take a drink of the water I bought,"He's not MY Cullen. He's just a guy from English class who stopped me from falling off my stool." I say.

"So...?"

"They moved here two years ago from Alaska." he says.

"How do you know so much about them?" Bella asked.

"Jessica Stanely talks about them all the time. So, I guess you could say her entire documentary about the Cullen Family is stuck in my head....word for word." he says.

As they continued to talk about the Cullen Family I happen to look up and find them staring at me, talking amongst each other. I wondered what they were talking about while looking at me. I also wondered about how their brother was so, I calmly got to my feet and made my way towards their table. Once they realized I was headed their way they seemed to stiffen and meet my gaze,"I don't mean to bother any if you - actually I do. Is Cullen alright?" I questioned.

"What do you mean?" the one named Alice questioned.

"He ran out of class like he was being chased by Michael Myers engrossed in flames." I stated.

The one named Emmett cracked a smile along with Alice,"Really?" she questioned.

"I'm not sure if you're asking if he really ran out of there like that or if you're asking if he really left class."

"Did he really run out like he was being chased by Michael Myers engrossed in flames?" Alice asked.

I nod,"That he did. He caught me from falling off my stool in English class today. I think he was sick. His hands were colder than any-"

"He touched you?" Emmett questioned in what looked to be shock.

I nod,"Um, yeah. He caught me by the waist to prevent me from falling. When his fingers grazed my neck I could feel just how cold his hands were."

They all shared a glance,"Why'd he touch your neck?"

I shrugged,"I don't know. He'd moved my hair from one shoulder to the next. I thought maybe he was...I honestly don't know what I thought he was doing." I say truthfully.

"You weren't hurt we're you?" Emmett questioned.

I shook my head,"I'm sorry but what's with all the questions? I feel like I am being interrogated." I say.

"I'm sorry, that's not our intention. Anyway, to answer your question, Edward will be alright. He hadn't eaten today and he wasn't feel all to well but I am sure he will be feeling better soon." Alice says.

I smile at her,"Thank you. If it's not too much trouble would you tell him that I said thank you for keeping me from making a complete fool of myself today in class? I didn't really have enough time to thank him before he left." I say.

She nods,"I will be sure to tell him." she says softly.

"Great. Um, I'll see all of you around school. I would say enjoy your lunches but in your case I doubt you would. Have a nice rest of the day." I say walking away from them before they could utter another word.