Chapter 9: Second Accident

Narrator P.O.V

Katnis as awaken by the sound of her phone going off. So, reaching over onto her bedside table she grabs her phone and looks at it just as it stopped ringing. She had about thirty missed calls from almost everyone at school that she knew. Groaning, she sat up in her bed and looked around her room. Suddenly, flashes of last night and early this morning flooded her mind. Edward Cullen was in hr room last night and early this morning.

She looked towards the window and it was closed and locked. If he was here how'd he get in and out of a locked window. "It was just a dream." She groaned.

"Katnis, are you awake?" Bella's voice sounded from the other side of her bedroom door.

"Yes, I'm awake. What is it? "

Bella enters her room, "Was Edward Cullen supposed to pick you up?" she questioned.

"No. Why do you ask?"

"Well, because he's outside."

Katnis tilted her head to the side before climbing out of bed and moving towards her bedroom window. Opening her window she looks out and to the left to find that Edward Cullen was indeed outside leaning against his car.

"What is he doing here?" she wasn't asking anyone directly but herself.

As if he'd heard her he turned his head in her direction. He had a look of amusement and worry on his face. He truly looked worried about something.

"Bella -" Charlie's voice sounded suddenly.

"Ahhh! " Bella screams at the sudden sound if his voice.

Startled by Bella's scream Katnis jumped only to end up hitting her head on the window seal. She went to rub her head only to slip on the rug beneath her feet. A scream is caught in her throat as she begins fall forward and out the window.

"Katniss! " Bella and Charlie screamed, rushing towards the window as it slammed shut.

Edward, having seen her falling, rushed over to catch her just before she hit the ground. He catches her in his arms. Her eyes are closed and her heart is alarmingly steady as he gazes down at her. She looked so beautiful and at peace.

Katniss slowly opened her eyes and met Edwards very wide and worried gaze, "You - you - thank you." she says.

"Katniss!" Both Charlie and Bella ran out of the house and around to the side.

"Please, stop yelling. " she groaned as she buried her face into the nape of Edwards neck.

She felt him stiffen beneath her at her sudden action but she wasn't about to pull away from him. Her head was pounding and the cool skin that was his neck seemed to sooth her pounding skull.

"Are you alright?" Charlie asked, looking her over. He even lifted her shirt to check her stomach and ribs for any bruising.

Edward couldn't help his gaze as his eyes roamed her exposed flesh. Her skin was rather pale, not to far from his own, and she had a forming bruise in her left ribcage. He fought back the urge to reach out and run his fingers over her skin because he didn't want to risk her father having any distaste for him.

"Dad, I'm fine." she swats his hand away and pushes her shirt back down, "I don't need you overreacting."

"Overreacting? Sweetie, you were just involved in a car accident yesterday and you just felt out of the window." Charlie says, "I think I have every right to overreact."

Katnis sighed before glancing up at Edward who was still staring down at her,"Will you do me a favor?"

He nods, "Anything."