Chapter 6: Not Over

Katnis shot up in bed,"Mom!" She screamed as tears flooded her face. She'd had another nightmare except this one involved her being tied to a chair and being forced to watch her mother be tortured and killed.

"Katnis!?" She heard her father and sister call her name as she pulled her knees up to her chest and took deep breaths to even her breathing out.

"It was just a dream." She tells herself as her father and Bella bursts into her room.

"Kat!" Bella cries when she sees her little sister sitting up in bed with her arms wrapped around her knees, tears staining her face,"Oh, Kat." She cries as she rushes forward and wraps her in a hug.

Kat lowers her knees and wraps her arms around her sisters neck and held her there,"I'm sorry that I woke you, you.; she says, lifting her gaze to meet Charlie's worried one.

"Sweetie, It's alright." He says, moving to sit on the edge of her bed, placing a hand on her leg.

Katnis shakes her head, "No, it's not. I shouldn't have awaken you and I'm sorry."

Charlie reaches out and takes her hand,"I love you, sweetie and I'm telling you that it's okay." He says before a faint smile found it's way on his lips,"Plus, you were the alarm we needed. It's time for me to head to work and for you girls to get ready for school."

Katnis glanced over at the clock sitting on her night table and saw that it was in face six fifteen,"Oh." was all she said.

"Kat, sweetie, If you're not feeling up for it then you don't have to go to school." Charlie says,"I can take the day off -"

Katnis shakes her head,"Dad, I'm fine, really. I'm going to school and you're going to work."

"Are you sure?"

She nods,"I'm sure, Dad. Now, go and get dressed before your late." He went to say something that she knew would be smart but she stopped him,"Just because you're the boss doesn't mean you can be late. Now, get going."

He smiles at her before leaning in kissing her cheek before walking out of her room,"Are you sure you're up for this?" Bella asked.

Katnis smiles a nods,"I'll be fine. Now, let's get ready for school, don't want to be late."

The drive to school was quiet. While it was a comfortable silence for Katnis it was a very unnerving silence for Bella. She was worried about her sister. Katnis has been having nightmares on and off ever since the night they lost their mother but recently they seem to have gotten worse.

"Kat -"

"I know you're worried about me, Bellz, but please let this go. I am alright. I know the nightmares seem to be getting worse but I can handle this." Katnis says, turning her gaze onto her sister, "I will be alright. If it all becomes to much for me to handle on my own I promise to come to you and or Charlie."

"Please. I don't want you taking on anything by yourself. Dad and I want to be here for you."

"I know and I will." She says as Bella pulled into the school parking lot and turned off the engine.

"Ready?" Bella asked.

Katnis glances over at her with a smile, "Shouldn't I be asking you that?"

Bella chuckles, "Let's go." She says before they opened their doors and climbed out of the truck.

Closing her door, Katnis glances around the lot at all the teenage boys and girls. Everyone was caught up in conversations, laughing, singing, playing an instrument and other things. They all looked happy but she knew better. Just because someone looks happy doesn't mean they are happy.