Chapter 11: Seattle

Narator P.O.V

Today was the day that Bella and Katnis were heading to Seattle and they couldn't be more ready to get out of Forks for a few hours.

"Are you girls sure you don't want me to come with?" Charlie asked his girls.

Bella stepped forward and kissed his cheek,"We'll be fine, dad."

Bella then watched as Katnis moved closer and kissed his temple,"Bells is right, dad. We'll be alright." She states.

Charlie sighed,"Fine, just call me once you arrive in town."

They nod,"We will."

The drive to Seattle wasn't as bad as Katnis thought it would be seeing as Bella was always trying to get her to open up about their mother, "So, -"

"Bella,few you're going to attempt to talk to me about mom, please don't."

Bella glances at her, "I just thought you'd want to talk about her. It's been a while since you last spoke about her."

She watched as her younger sister sighed in what looked like frustration,"I don't want to talk about mom, alright? So, please, just drop it. Okay? Please."

Bella nods,"Alright, I'll drop it."

"Thank you." Katnis says.

After only a few minutes of silence Bella decided to say something, "Is there somewhere specific you wanted to go here in Seattle?" she asked.

Katnis shakes her head, "Not really. I just really wanted to get out of Forks for a while." She said as she glanced over at her sister, "I would like to go to go see a fortune teller. I've always wanted to go and see one."

Bella smiled,"That sounds like a good idea. Maybe she'll be able to tell me if I should give Jake a chance."

"I think you should. He likes you, a lot."

"He seems drawn to you, though."

Katnis waves a hand at her, "Pease, Bella, Jacob has no interest in me romantically. That's all for you. I mean the guy practically drools when he sees you."

Bella felt her cheeks heat up, "He does not."

"Yeah and I'm twenty-three." she spat sarcastically.

Bella rolled her eyes at her, "Whatever. Look, Jake is a great guy but I don't want to start something with him only to find out that he doesn't want me but..."

"What? What are you worried about?"

Bella's gaze leaves the road for few seconds, "...he really want you. I don't want to find out that he only used me to get to you." she stated truthfully.

Katnis felt her heart drop at her sisters confession. She hated that she was apart of an equation that scared her sister. She didn't want to have any part in her sister getting her heart broken. It broke her own heart to know that she was part of the reason Bella won't pursue Jacob.

"Bella, Jake does NOT want me."

"How do I know that?"

"When he sees me he doesn't light up like a Christmas House the way he does when he sees you. You're the one he wants not me." Katnis says.

Bella sighs,"Are you sure?"

Katnis nods,"I'm sure."

"Okay, but I still want to take things slow. Get to know him better."

Katnis smiles,"Good."

"What about you and Edward?" Bella asked.

Katnis raised a brow,"What about Cullen and I?"

"Oh, please, don't act like you can't see it." Bella says.

"See what?" She asked truly lost.

Bella looked at her for a few seconds before turning her eyes back onto the road. She was serious. She didn't see the way Edward looked at her,"You're serious."

Katnis rolls her eyes,"What gave that away?" She says sarcastically.

Bella glares at her,"Cool it in the sarcasm. It's not my fault your blind."

"What am I blind to?"

"The fact that Edward has a thing for you." Bella says.

Katnis scoffed,"Yeah, you've definitely lost your mind."

"Katnis, Edward Cullen likes you." Bella says as she took the I-94 exit to Seattle, "He cares for you a lot more than 'friends' should care for each other."

"What makes you say that?" Katnis asked.

"Well, for one, he saved your life, twice, some how at school. He seems to do all the he can to keep you alive."

"What's he suppose to do, watch me die?" Katnis groaned.

"Okay, what about four days ago?"

"What about it?"

"When you fell out if the windows, he caught you."

"And?"

"He didn't let you go. Kat, Edward held onto you the entire time dad and I were there. He skipped school to stay with you. And the way he looked at you," Bella says as if she was deep in thought,"he looked at you as if you were his world, as if you were his life now."

Katnis sat there thinking about what her sister was saying. Everything she was saying and describing seemed like it could be true but it couldn't be. Cullen had said they couldn't be friends so why would he like her? If they couldn't be friends, sure enough they couldn't be anything more.

Right?

Surely Bella was seeing things but what she said about the way he looked at her that day wasn't to far from the truth. Cullen did have a look in his eyes that she couldn't decided because shed never seen it before. And he did tell her that the thought of her no longer alive somewhere in the world frightened him far more than anything ever has.

She ran her fingers through her hair and sighed at the realization that Bella may be right. That Cullen may have a thing for her.

"And I think you may have a thing for him too." Bella blurted.

Katnis head shot over in her direction,"What?"

Bella swallowed the lump in her throat and continued,"You heard me, Katnis. You have a thing for Edward, too."
Katnis forced back her laughter and shook her head,"You're a very funny girl, Bella."

"Don't pretend you don't because I know you do."

"I'm not pretending, Bella." Katnis says, her smile gone and replaced with a serious look,"Cullen is a nice guy, great even, I mean he saved my life twice,"

"...and?" Bella urged her on.

"Nothing. My feelings towards Cullen aren't romantic in any way. We're barely even friends so how can I have any type of romantic feelings for him?" She points out,"Yes, I like his company from time to time but not because I want to sit around stare at him all day. He can keep up in conversation, what little I have, and he doesn't ask too many questions."

Bella sighed,"So, you don't feel anything, romantic, for him?"

Katnis shakes her head,"No, I don't." She states,"Now, as far as my response in the future, who knows, maybe that'll change. Who's to say he won't save my life one more time and it be the cause of me developing feelings for him." she says with a shrug.

Bella nods,"Let's hope there are no future accidents. I've almost lost you three times already, I don't think I could handle a fourth."

Katnis reaches over and places her hand on Bella's, "I'm not going anywhere. You're never going to lose me." she gently squeezes her hand,"Can't get rid of me that easily."

Bella nods,"I hope not." she breaths softly.