Chapter 16: Stay

Lunch had come quicker than usual and Bella seemed to be in a rush to get to the cafeteria,"Why are you in such a rush today?"

"I didn't eat this morning. I'm hungry." she says as they entered the lunch room.

"Well, calm down - the food isn't going anywhere. There's plenty to go around." Katnis states.

Bella rolls her eyes,"You didn't eat this morning either." She says ignoring her comment,"You should eat something too."

"I'm not hungry."

"Katnis, it's 12:45 in the afternoon."

"Okay. And?"

"You didn't eat last night. You're going on 24 hours without eating."

"And I'm fine. I'll eat when I'm hungry."

Bella went to respond but was interrupted by Alice Cullen,"Katnis?"

Katnis and Bella looked at her,"Yes?"

"Edward and I would like it if you sat with us today." she says with a smile.

Katnis glances over Alice's shoulder at Edward - who was already staring at her - before meeting Alice's gaze again,"Oh, both of you did?"

"Okay, mostly me but I know Edward does too." she states.

"Really? Is that true? Cullen wants me to sit with you and your family?" she asked her but Alice knew she was asking Edward.

She meets Edwards gaze and he nods,"Yes."

"He says yes." Alice says.

Katnis smiles,"Alright, I'll join you." she turns to Bella,"Would you like to join me?"

Bella shakes her head,"I don't think Rosalie likes me very much. I'm just going to sit with Jessica and Angela."

"Are you sure? Rosalie won't harm you." Katnis says.

"I'm fine. Go sit with Alice and her family. I'll see you later." Bella says.

"Alright. I'll see you later then."

Bella nods,"Okay. I love you, Katnis."

"I love you, too, Bella."

"Yay! I'm so glad you said yes." Alice squeals as they made their way to her family's table, earning the stares of her student peers.

"Looks like you're causing quite a stir around school, Katnis." Emmett says as Alice has her sit down between her and Rosalie and across from Edward.

Katnis smiles at him,"Looks like it." she says, her gaze on Edward.

"Oh, almost forgot!" Alice turns to Katnis,"I have to officially introduce you to my family."

Katnis chuckles,"Alright."

"This is my brother Emmett Cullen, his wife and my sister Rosalie Hale. This piece of think right here is my husband Jasper Hale." She says with a wide smile,"And you already know Edward."

Katnis nods,"That I do."

"They're wondering if we've taken a liking, an interest, in you." Emmett says suddenly.

"I can't say I blame them. I'm wondering the same thing." she says.

Emmett chuckles,"Ask Edward."

Katnis tore her gaze from Emmett and onto Edward,"So, Cullen, am I here because you've taken an interest in me, because you want me here? Or am I here because you're afraid that Alice would have killed you if you didn't agree?"