Chapter 23: Cullen Residence Pt. 1

The following morning, Katnis sits up in her bed and lifts her hands into the air, stretching her limbs, "Ugh!" she groans as she feels her muscles stretching, releasing the tension in her arms and back.

"I could help with that if you want." Edwards' voice wrapped around her like a silk blanket.

This time, she didn't jump at the sound of his voice. She knew he was going to be doing this a lot more often, sneaking into her room when she was asleep, so there was no reason to really be surprised by him anymore, "Please do." she says as she reaches back to rub her shoulder.

He didn't make a sound as he appeared beside her. She moves towards the end of the bed to give him enough room to climb in behind her. Once he was settled on the bed, he lifts his cool hands to her shoulders and gently began massaging her muscles. Instantly Katnis fell into a relaxed state. Her body began to melt at his touch just as her muscles turned into pudding.

"Oh dear god!" she began to fall back into him, her eyes fluttering, fighting to stay open, as he gently dug his fingers deeper into her flesh.

"Katnis?"

"Y - Yes?"

"Are you alright?" he questioned with an amused smile playing on his lips as he felt her body relax even more beneath his touch.

"I uh, I don't - yeah." she sighs, closing her eyes completely.

He lets out a chuckle, "Alright, if you say so."

"So, when am I uh, going to your house, meeting your parents?"

"I was thinking I could pick you up at two this afternoon." he says.

"Sounds like a - a plan." she says before shaking her head and pulling away from him and climbing off the bed, "Stop."

Edward casts a worried glance her way, "What's wrong? Did I hurt you?" he asked in a panic.

She shakes her head, "God no! Cullen, you didn;t hurt me, I'm fine."

"Then why did you -"

"If I didn't stop this now I don't think we would have made it to your parent's house today." she laughs, "You're a very good at giving massages and at the rate, you were going I would have asked you to stay with me forever as my massager."

She watched as his body visibly relaxed, "I thought I hurt you." he says.

Katnis calmly walks over to him. He turns his body so that his legs are hanging off the bed and his feet are touching the floor. She then cups his face in her hands and gazes down into his bright golden eyes, "You could never hurt me, Cullen. You wouldn't allow yourself too."

"Accidents happen."

She shakes her head, "Not with you."

"Yes, with me. I can be myself when I'm with you which sometimes causes me to forget how fragile you really are." he states, "I can't ever forget that. I have to do well to remember that you're not unbreakable."

Sighing she lowers herself onto her knees before him and wraps her arms around his middle, resting her head against his chest, "We're going to be okay. Promise."

Edward wrapped his arms around her and kissed her hair, resting his chin gently on top of her head, "I'm going to hold you to that."

"I know."

~~~~~*~~~~~

"So, do you girls have any plans today," Charlie asked as he entered the kitchen where Katnis and Bella were sitting and talking.

"I don't but Katnis does," Bella says with a smile.

Charlie glanced down at Katnis, "Do these plans have anything to do with that Edward kid?" he asked with a small but noticeable frown.