Chapter 21: Jealous?

It was late at night when Katnis had awakened from her long nap. She moon was glaring at her and her room was nice and cool just the way she like it.

"Katnis." she almost screamed at the sudden sound of his voice in the darkness.

She places a hand over her heart, "You nearly gave me a heart attack!" she hissed.

"I'm sorry. It was not my intention to frighten you."

She lets out a sigh as she sat up in bed, "What time is it?" she asked.

"It's almost 10." he says.

"Oh. How long have I been out?" she questioned.

When he didn't say anything she got a little worried.

"Cullen, how long have I been out?"

He slowly and hesitantly walks around to the side of her bed and sits down on the edge of the bed, "Tomorrow's Saturday." he says softly.

She lets out a breath of relief, "Oh. Why did you act you had to tell me something bad?" she playfully pushed him.

"Katnis, tomorrow is Saturday...the 14th." he says.

Her eyes widen as his words sunk in. August 14th? She'd been out for an entire week?

"Are you telling me that I've been out for an entire week?" she gasped.

He nods,"Carlisle has continued to do daily checkups on you to ease Bella and your fathers' mind." he says, "They've been worried sick."

She takes a deep breath and lifts a hand to his face, tracing the dark circles beneath his eyes, "I could say the same about you." she says noticing that his eyes weren't their original topaz color but a coal black, "You should hunt."

He shakes his head, "I'm not leaving you."

"You're not leaving me, Cullen. You're just going to feed yourself. You look like you haven't hunted in a while. How long have you been here?"

"Since the day I carried you up those stairs."

She cocks her head to the side, "Charlie let you bring me to my room?"

He nods, "Yes. Though, he didn't really have much of a choice."

"What do you mean?"

"I would have even if he had not given me permission."

She smiles, 'Stubborn."

"No. I just didn't want to let you out of my eyesight," he states.

"Edward?" Bellas' voice sounded by the door.

Katnis watched as he visibly stiffened. He must have been so caught up in talking to her that he didn't hear Bella approaching, "Hey, Bella." Katnis says.

Bellas' gaze fell onto her sister, eyes wide,"Katnis? You're awake!" she rushed forward and embraced her in a tight hug. "I'm so glad you're awake! Dad and I have been so worried."

Katnis rubbed her back, "I know." she says, "I'm sorry I worried you." she says as she pulled away.

"I'm just glad you're awake." she says as her gaze drifts to a rigid Edward, "How'd you get in here?" she asked him.

After a few moments of silence he spoke, "The window." he says meeting her gaze.

"Do you do that often?" she questioned with a small smirk.

"I won't lie to you, Bella."

She laughed, "I'll take that as a yes."

"You're not upset that I'm here?" he asked.