Chapter 19: Worried Sick

Back at the Cullen's Residence, Edward is pacing back and forth in the living room with a grave look stitched on his face.

"Keep that up and you're going to dig your own grave." Emmett laughed.

Esme looked at her son,"Edward, sweetie, what's bothering you?"

"Katnis and Bella have gone onto the reservation to see Jacob Black." Alice states,"She hasn't called or text him to let him know she's alright."

"The Swan girls, right?"

"Yes."

"Katnis is the one you're smitten with, right?" she questioned.

"Esme, he isn't smitten with her." Rosalie says,"He's in love with her."

Carlisle and Esme turned their gaze onto their son,"Is this true, son?" Carlisle questioned.

Edward meets his gaze,"Yes."

"This is great news! Our boy is in love!" Esme squealed.

"Well, I would love to meet her again, this time under better circumstances." Carlisle says softly,"I'm sure Esme would love to meet her also."

"Yes! You should not invite her over."

"She's coming over Sunday," Edward reveals.

"Good. Do you know what she likes to eat? The girls and I could whip up something for her to eat." Esme suggested.

"That won't be necessary." he says.

"Why not?"

"She will only eat because she will feel obligated to. She knows we don't eat," he says.

"Edward, how much does she know about us?" Carlisle asked.

"Enough. She doesn't scare easily." he says with a dark chuckle,"Believe me, I've tired,"

"So, when is the wedding?" Emmett questioned out of the blue.

Alice and Edward shared a look before Edward spoke up,"There will be no wedding." he says.

Esme frowned,"Does that mean Katnis will not be in your future?"

Edward looked to Alice,"Katnis will be in Edwards future, just not in the way we all want."

"What do you mean, Alice?" Carlisle and Jasper asked at once.

"Katnis isn't in Edwards future as his wife but...as his sister-in-law." she says.

"Sister-in-law?" Emmett questioned.

Rosalie's eyes widen as it dawned on her what Alice was saying,"What?! Are you kidding me!" she hissed, a glare etched on her beautiful face,"Edward is going to marry Isabella!?"

"I had a vision of Bella as a vampire, dressed in a blue dress, standing beside Edward. He had a wedding band." Alice says,"In the vision, he'd said that she would be alright, that she wouldn't hurt their daughter."

Rosalie turns her glare onto Edward,"You like Isabella?" she spat with venom.

"Not in the way you are thinking." he says,"How can I marry her when I am in love with her sister?"

"Could it be because Katnis doesn't feel as you do?" Emmett questioned,"Maybe you try and move on with her sister."

Edward shakes his head,"I would never do that to her. Ever."

"Apparently, you do if Alice a vision of you and Bella married with a kid." Rosalie spat.

Edward glares at her in annoyance,"Nothing is set in stone. You know Alice's visions are selective, based on the persons' decision."