Happy's Missing Teddy Bear

Happy's  POV:

     I woke up today and realized something was missing.

     What happened to it?  I could have sworn it was here last night.

     Where is it now?

     I search under the bed, not there.

    I checked in Natsu's sock drawer, not there either.

    I continued to look for it. I checked in my closet, under the oven, behind the refrigerator, under the sofa, in the chair, and on the back porch. I looked up high, down low, and behind many things.

    "Happy what is the matter?" Natsu asked when he saw the sad expression on his friend's face.

      "I lost it," Happy sobs.

       "What did you lose?" Natsu asked.

        "I lost my teddy bear," Happy replied.

       Natsu smiles. He knows the bear is special to Happy since Lucy gave it to him as his birthday present last year.

   "Don't worry, I will help you find it, buddy," Natsu said.

   "Thanks, Natsu," Happy replied.  He was glad to have Natsu's help.

        The two looked for it and missed the doorbell ringing. Lucy thought hmm, I wonder why the boys have not come to the door?  She rang the bell again. No answer. She used the spare key to get inside. She saw them looking around.

          "Hi, guys," Lucy said.

      "Oh, hi, Lucy," Natsu said.

    "Hi, Luce," Happy said.

"What are you two doing?" Lucy asked.

   "Looking for Happy's teddy bear, he seems to have forgotten where he put it," Natsu explained.

    "Yes, I miss my bear. It is the one you gave me," Happy told her.

     "Okay, then I will help you find it," Lucy offered.

 The three looked for it. They rechecked the places Happy had searched alone and in a few other places. Finally, when Natsu and Happy had given up hope of ever finding it, Lucy smirked.

   "What is with the smug look, Lucy?" Natsu asked.

    "Ta, da, look what I found in the laundry basket," Lucy responded as she held up the toy.

     "My teddy bear!" Happy exclaimed. He hugged Lucy. "Thanks for finding it, Luce," Happy said.

      "Sure thing, buddy," Lucy said.

       "Hey, I thought I was the only one who called Happy, buddy," Natsu remarked.

        "It is okay for you both to call me, buddy," Happy commented. He did consider them both to be his friends.

          "Come on guys, let's celebrate the teddy bear being found by eating some tasty ice cream!" Lucy squealed.

      "I am game for that," Natsu replied.

      "Count me in," Happy said. He set the bear in his bed so he would not miss place him again.

  Lucy, Natsu, and Happy left the house. Lucy locked the door since she still had the spare key with her.

     "You might want to consider hiding it somewhere else," Lucy suggested as she returned the key to Natsu. Natsu was now blushing.

    Happy laughed.  Natsu laughed. Lucy laughed.

     Happy and Natsu ordered chocolate ice cream, and Lucy ordered the strawberry kind. It was her favorite. The three enjoyed the ice cream, then headed back to Natsu's place. It was Saturday and they had the day off.

     Nalu, and Happy watched a movie at Natsu and Happy's home.

  the end...

Until the next Fairy Tail one-shot,

bye-bye, 

little owlets!

Summer out!