Thanksgiving Feast Nalu one-shot by Summer Cheng

"It is almost that time of year.  Time to stock up on all your Thanksgiving meal needs like stuffing mix, turkey, our gravy, green beans, and more."  The speaker announces in the store.

    Lucy overhears it and yawns. Thanksgiving is the holiday she forgot long ago.  She has very little to be thankful for since last year. It is not like anything can bring her mother back.

     Natsu ignores the announcement.   He purchases some cranberry sauce and a few other items.  He leaves without another thought about who he will spend Thanksgiving with now that his brother is married.

     Lucy arrives home a few minutes later with her groceries. She is more than happy to unload them alone as usual.  Why then does she feel lonely?

     Natsu wonders how his friend Lucy is lately. He has not spoken to her in years. He decides to send her a quick message to say hello.

     Natsu's text to Lucy

     Hi, how are you?  I have not seen you in ages.

     Lucy's text to Natsu

      I am okay. Alone, but ok.

      Natsu's text to Lucy

      Luce, you busy on Thanksgiving Day?

      Lucy's  text to Natsu

     Not unless you count old movies.

      Natsu's text to Lucy

       You could come here if you like.

        It would be nice to see you.

        Lucy's text to Natsu

         Sure, it would be nice.

        Natsu's text to Lucy

         Great. See on Thanksgiving day at noon for lunch, and again at 5 pm for dinner.

         Lucy's text to Natsu

         Ok, see you then.

      ....Time skip to Thanksgiving Day.

       Natsu hears the doorbell ring at 11 is. He smiles when he sees it is Lucy. 

      He opens the door for her.

       "Goodness, you got here rather early."

         "Yes, and I brought some apple pie, pumpkin pie, and a few sodas."

        "Luce, you did have to bring anything."

        "I know, but I wanted to."

        An hour later, Natsu and Lucy enjoy a nice Thanksgiving feast together of turkey, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes with gravy, rolls, macaroni and cheese, and green beans. For dessert, they each eat a slice of apple pie Lucy brought over.

         After the meal, they laugh, tell jokes, recall old memories, and have a great time.

            Lucy falls asleep on Natsu's sofa at about 2 pm, so he wraps a blanket around her. 

        Natsu blushes at how cute she is right now.  He takes a photo.

          As she wakes up he grins and hands her a glass of water.

            "Thanks, Natsu."

              Lucy sees a text from Levy

                Happy Thanksgiving.

                Lucy's text to Levy

                Happy Thanksgiving!

          Levy shows the photo Lucy sent her of Natsu and Lucy together to her husband, Gajeel.  The two smile at how adorable their friends look together. It sure is a nice thanksgiving for them all.

                 "Happy Thanksgiving, Natsu!"

                   "Happy Thanksgiving, Lucy!"

                      "Did you think of something to be thankful for, Luce?"

                      "Yes, I sure did,"  She answers with a huge smirk.

                        "Oh, and what was it?"

                         "You, silly fire dragon."

                          "I am grateful for you, too, Luce." 

                                                     the end...

           *Hope you like it.  bye, bye little owlets!

           -Summer out!