The Halloween Dance one-shot by Summer Cheng

An AU in which Juvia, Lucy, Levy, Wendy, and their friends are all rather grown-up.  When Juvia insisted on her non-stop speech about the upcoming Dance, what happened?  Why does Juvia have this feeling somehow it is all her fault?  What can she possibly do to fix it? -Summer Cheng

     Juvia went on about the Halloween Dance as if it were the greatest thing since sliced bread. She heard Lucy sigh and wondered all about it. 

     "See, this is the outfit I plan to wear to it," She bragged. 

       "So, what?" 

        "Some of us are not going to dance."  Lucy scoffed.

         Juvia felt her jaw drop in surprise at Lucy's reaction.  She did not know Lucy could be so sensitive about such matters.

         Levy stood by with her hands on her hips in agreement. "Yes, it is like she said."

         "I do not see why you like it so much,"  Wendy added.

         "Hey, girls."  

       "Hey, yourself."  

      "So, do you have a date for the dance?"

      "No, how about you, Gray?'

       "Not yet. I do have a certain girl in mind though."

       "Oh, then go ahead and ask her."

        "I was about too."

       "So, on with it then."

      "Will, you go with me to the dance, Juvia Lockster?"

       "Me, you want me to go with you to the d-dance?"

         "Yes, you so how about it?"

         "Yes, I would love too!"

        "Great,I can hardly wait!" Gray flashed one his grins at her before he walked off.

         The other girls rolled their eyes in dismay. It is was not as if any of them had  dates to the big shin dig.  Not that it mattered, right?  It is not that big a deal.  

           "See, told you, Gray was taking me!" She squealed with excitement.

         "Yeah, yeah so we all figured as much." The others remarked.

         "Juvia, the whole thing is just an excuse to ruin lives." Lucy scowled.

         "I know right. It is so overrated anyway and..." Wendy started to say something, but got interrupted.

           "Whoa, whoa, whoa, why can not you be happy for me for a change?" 

         "Happy for you. Ha, as if we can when all you ever talk about is the stupid dance."

          "She is right you know. It is all you have brought up for the last 2 months."

         "It is sicking how you got sucked into this whole ridiculous thing anyways."

         "Yes, I remember there was a time once when we made a promise, friends before guys."

          "Yep, she is so right."

         "But, I..."

          "But nothing, you are out."

         With that Lucy slammed the door in her face as Juvia stompped off. She was furious with her for not understanding how hard it was on the rest of them.  It was not like they had not tried to get attention for those they liked.