Gale The Metal Head's in Love? one-shot story by Summer Cheng

*Do not copy this story, or plot as I worked hard to write /type it up.  Also, all characters belong to Hiro Mashima.  Thanks and Happy Reading, -Summer Cheng*

       Gajeel Redfox sees Levy MacGarden as she walks past his bookstore every day.  He thinks she is rather cute.  He often wonders why she never comes inside the store but has yet to speak to her.  He is not the guy who is good with girls.  When it comes to this area he feels like lacks experience big time.  He thinks it is no wonder he has never been a boyfriend to anyone. 

       Levy MacGarden is about to breeze past the local bookshop again as usual.  She sighs and thinks, too bad I can't afford any of those books inside the place.  She likes to read but finds herself in hard times now.  She almost cries as she recalls how it all began with her refusal to marry a complete and utter stranger.  How could her parents expect that of her?   It is not like they gave her a choice about the matter.  It is more like they gave her the orders to marry him it would have been more like a marriage by force.  She ran away soon after this bombshell they chose to drop on her.

       Levy attempts to run past it again only to have someone stop her this time.  When she looks up to see who took hold of her arm she sees herself face to face with him, the store's manager and owner, Gajeel.  She trembles at his touch and thinks, this is it. 

      "Hey, why do you never come in to  have a better view of the mysteries, poetry, fiction, nonfiction, and other books?"   Gajeel asks.

       "It's just that I cannot afford any,"  Levy answers.

       "Oh, I see. Well in that case, you may borrow them as long as it is only one at a time, and you return it at the end of the week.  If it is a longer book return it in two weeks," Gajeel says.

       "What?  Is this a library?  I was under the impression it was a store."  Levy remarks.

       "Oh, Miss it is a store, but I cannot have you just walk, or run past the place with a glum look on your face anymore.  So, what do you say?"  Gajeel says.

      "Thank you, so much, sir!"  Levy says.

       "Sir, well, I am hardly a sir.  I am Gajeel  Redfox."   Gajeel says.

        "Wait, you own the place?"   Levy responds as she raises an eyebrow in surprise.

        "Yes, that would be me,"  Gajeel says.

         "In that case, thank you ever so much, Gajeel,"  Levy says.  She hugs him.

                Gajeel hugs her back and thinks, wow, I have never gotten a hug from a girl other than my mom. 

               "You are welcome, then, Miss?"   Gajeel says.

                "I am Levy MacGarden,"  Levy says.  She smiles, enters the place, and selects a book. 

      "I promise to get it back to you soon,"  Levy says.

     "Okay, Levy. Well, see you this weekend!"  Gajeel calls out after her.

       "Yeah, see you this weekend when I come by to return the story,"   Levy says, with that, she waves as she leaves the shop.

        Gajeel waves back at her and thinks she looks happier now than she did earlier.  He is glad he could help.  He still feels silly that he cannot tell her he likes her and asks her out yet.  He shakes his head.

        Levy rushes to the small cottage she shares with another girl in town, her best friend, Lucy.  She is glad to be able to share some good news with Lucy.