Nalu: Natsu to the Rescue? one-shot story by Summer Cheng

*Author's  Note:  Hope you like it! Do not copy it though as the characters are all owned by Hiro Mashima, but I wrote the story line, so I own this part. Anyway, Happy Reading! Sincerely, Summer Cheng.

      Natsu is about to enter the store to buy some more milk when he hears a voice call out, "Stop it!  Stop you here?"   He turns the corner to see who it is that speaks and sees Lucy.  He can see the crook who has her against the wall.  He can see this dirty creature about to harm her!  He can not stand it!  He will not stand by and let his loser attack her!  Not today!

       "Hey, I do not know who you think you are, but in this town we respect our neighbors, friends, family, and women!  So you leave her alone!  I mean it!"  Natsu says angrily.  He also punches the guy hard once in the face.  

         As Natsu turns the leave, the guy attacks him!  He tries to stab him with a knife.  Natsu does not  hesistate to attack this thug again!  He punches him this time hard in the groin!  The thug runs off in pain!  He is not to happy that some big strong man came to help her out!

        "Luce, are you alright?"  Natsu says.

        "Y-Yes, I mean I think I am. "  Lucy says.

       "Luce, I am sorry!  I am just glad you are no worse for wear!  After all that guy was up to know good you know."  Natsu says.

       "Yes, I know.  Thanks for the help!  Now if you excuse me I have to get to work!"  Lucy says.

        "No, today you will take the day off!  You will come with me!"  Natsu says.  He grabs her phone, finds the number for her boss, dials it and explains the situation then nods his head.  He hangs up, grins and hands her phone back to her. 

          "Well?"  Lucy ask.  

      "Well, what Luce?"  Natsu remarks.

        "Well, what did my boss say?"  Lucy ask.

       " He says he agrees that you should spend the rest of the day with me.  This is to insure your safety!"   Natsu tells her.  He grins a huge smile rarely seen much.

        Lucy thinks that is a cute smile.  She blushes. She dares not tell him she thinks he is cute.  She can not . She has a boyfriend who will not be to happy to hear she is with Natsu.  Well, she decides it is  a  decision that is worth it.  

         "Come on!"  Natsu says. He grabs her hand.  He takes her to his place.

         "What are we here for anyway?"  Lucy ask.

         "It is my place.  It is my day off, so you are welcome to stay over night if you wish I mean for your safety."  Natsu says.

          "I will take that in consideration."  Lucy says.

         "I was about to buy some milk when that made man came out of no where and was about to touch you!  I had to protect you!"  Natsu says.

          "Well, in that case go get your groceries!  I will be just fine here.  I will open the door anyone, except for you."  Lucy says.

          "Okay, good!  Then, you lock the door and I will see you later!"  Natsu says. He grabs up his house key, and heads on foot back to the store.  He does not have enough in savings for a car yet.  He thinks, too bad too cause then I could have let Lucy ride with me here!  He blushes and tries to shake the though to the side.  

         Natsu arrives at the store fifteen minutes later. He buys some milk, cookies, carrots, two loaves of bread, some cheese, some burgers, buns, stuff to go on top of them, cereal, and a few other items.  While he is at it he purchases a few extra sets of socks, a pair of ladies shoes (the sizes he has to guess), along with a slip, a dress and a cute hat.  He pays for them and heads back home with the bag in hand.  He arrrives there safely.  He rings the doorbell and grins when Lucy checks through the peep hole.