(Nalu)The Awkward Dare? one-shot story by Summer Cheng

Natsu is with his buddy's.  He, Gray, Gajeeel, Leon, and Hibiki are all busy with a game of  truth or dare. It starts off as a typical game usually does.  However, about twenty minutes into the game things get rather odd.  That is to say, Natsu finally says,  "Dare!  I am no chicken, you know!"   

     Gray laughs.  He says, "Well, then flame brain!  Do I have the dare for you!"

     "Let us hear it, man!"  Leon says.

       "I agree, out with it already!"  Gajeel says.

       "Yeah, on with it!"  Hibiki retorts.

     "I dare Natsu Dragneel to  kiss the first girl who walks through the door!"   Gray says.

     "What?   I cannot possibly do that Gray!"  Natsu says.

     "Why not?  What ever happens to the statement I am not a chicken?  huh?"  Gray answers.

     "Fine, I will do it!"  Natsu says.

  "Good, I knew you had it in you." Gray remarks.

    The others agree.   Natsu gulps. He admits it makes him nervous when it comes to which girl will arrive. It is not like he can  predicate ahead of time who she might be.  It is also, unlike him to pass up a challenge.   This one is one awkward one at best, but he still plans to go through with it.

    It does take long for the guys to figure out who the lucky girl will be to get a smooch from Natsu.  Not long at all!   Within ten minutes after this dare, the door opens and in walks Lucy Heartfilia.  As in the Lucy, the one who is in the top of her class, who does not seem be into much when it comes to romance and the girl Natsu kinda has a crush on at the moment.   When he sees her his face lights up, then it falls.  He gulps.  He thinks, great!  How will I be able to do this?  How?  

       Natsu thinks, maybe, I should just admit that this dare is stupid.  Yes, indeed then the others can pock fun of me for weeks for being such a scardy cat.  Oh, yeah! Like that is suppose to be so much better.  He smiles, walks over to Lucy, and without a word, grabs her arm.

     Lucy looks up to see who it was who dares to grab her!  She sees herself face to face with Natsu!  She smiles.  "Yes, how may I help you?"  Lucy says.  She thinks, maybe he just needs help with his homework.

      Natsu does not answer.  He remains quiet.  To quiet to suit her.  He catches her by surprise, when true to his word he grabs her face in his hands, then leans in and plants one quick wet kiss on her mouth!  

      Lucy stands their with a look of surprise on her face!  She thinks, what?  Natsu Dragneel how dare you steal my first kiss like this!  Then, she thinks more and sighs.  Wait a minute, Natsu the shyest boy in school, came up to me and gave me a kiss!   She blushes at the memory.  She does not say a word about it to anyone else.  She just runs home.

      Natsu  however, blushes even a deeper shade of red than Lucy!  He groans and thinks, great that was so awkward !  I did not even stick around long enough to tell her it was part of a dare!  ugh, he thinks, now why did I pick Dare again, anyway?  Why?

        A  week later, Lucy sees Natsu walk past and blushes. It seems she cannot keep her mind off him since he gave her that smooch last week!  The only question is why did he do it?   Even more so, why did he run off afterwards?  Talk about so weird!  

       After class, Lucy waits for Natsu.  She needs some  answers now. 

             "L-Lucy, why are you still h-here?"  Natsu mutters.

           "Well, you see the thing is I wonder, why did you kiss me last week?"  Lucy blurts out.

           "Oh, I hope it does not bother you to much.  It was just well, I was playing truth or dare with the guys."  Natsu explains.

         "Yes, and ?"  Lucy ask.

        "Gray  ask me truth or dare, and since we had been doing this for awhile, I made the mistake of saying, dare!   Then, Gray got this gleam in his eyes and told me my dare was to kiss the first girl to come inside the room!   It just so happens you were the first girl to walk in so..."  Natsu says.

     "Oh, I get it!  You do not like me.  I should have known the only way a guy would ever steal my first kiss ever would be because of a stupid dare!"  Lucy says with tears in her eyes.

         "Wait, Luce!  It was your first kiss, too?"  Natsu ask.

       "Yes, what do you mean too?"  Lucy responds.

        "Well, it just so happens it was my first kiss."  Natsu says.

          "Oh, my goodness! "   Lucy says.  She faints.     

            "Luce?  Lucy, please speak!  Speak to me!"  Natsu says.  When she does not respond, he picks her up and carries her to the school nurse.  He sets her down on a  bed in the nurses office and explains why she fainted.

       The nurse nods her head, laughs, nods some more, runs some test and says,  "Tell, Lucy she is free to go now!"

      "Wow, Really?  I can go now?"  Lucy ask.

      "Sure, you may Lucy!  There is nothing that shows you are in any real danger."  The nurse answers.

     Natsu smiles at Lucy,  "Come on, Luce!"   He grabs her hand as they leave the nurses office together.  The nurse smiles at them and thinks, what  a lovely couple!  What a lovely one indeed.        

     "Say, Luce!  Since everyone else has gone home, let me walk you home!"  Natsu says.

     "Okay, but only because you insist."  Lucy says.

         Natsu and Lucy walk to her place.  Once there, Natsu says,  "Now, about the kiss, I..."

           "Shh, do not say it."  Lucy says. She puts a hand over his mouth to silence him.

         Natsu looks into her eyes and she looks into his as well.  They both lean in and this time it is Lucy to take Natsu by surprise with a kiss.

      "S-sorry!"  Lucy says when she pulls away. She thinks, great why did I go and do that for anyway?

        "Do not be!  I  like it!  I mean, I like you, so of course, I like the kiss."  Natsu says.

       "Natsu, I could not stop thinking about you everyday and night since you gave me that kiss and I think I might have fallen in love with you!"  Lucy says.

       "Good, because I love you too, Luce!"  Natsu says.  He smiles.

      "Well, do you have something to ask me?"  Lucy ask.

     "Yes, as a matter of fact, I do!  Lucy will you go out with me?  I mean on a date!  That is to say will you be my girlfriend?"  Natsu says.

      "Yes, I would love to go on a date with you !  Yes, I will be your girlfriend, Natsu Dragneel!"  Lucy says.

         Natsu kisses her slower than the last time and thinks, wow!  The dare turns out not to be that bad after all!  Not bad indeed!   He continues to think as much as Lucy returns the kiss!

      the end... (Nalu)  The Awkward Dare?  one-shot story by Summer Cheng

  *published July 1, 2019 & edits made August 27, 2019