The Mysterious Statue Comes Alive AU by Summer Cheng

Lucy is on a mission with Gray, Juvia, and Happy. She is sad though as it is been a year since Natsu was last seen in Fairy Tail.  An AU, where Natsu goes missing. -Summer Cheng

       "Gray, look at it!" Juvia says with excitement.

         Gray looks in the direction Juvai points and wonders what on earth she goes on about anyway.  He does not see what the big deal is since it is only a statue.

         Lucy examines it with Happy right beside her. She thinks what on earth is with this funny concrete thing anyways?  She could have sworn the lights bouncing off it shows the eyes glow.

           "Happy, did you see that too?"  Lucy asks.

         "Lucy, I do not know what it is you mean,"  Happy remarks.  

         " Juvia just sees a solid, rock, monument nothing more," Juvia adds.

         "It as Juvia says," Gray responds. He shakes his head out of pity for the blonde girl who misses her friend.

       "It is about Natsu is not it?" Juvia questions her.

       "It is always about Natsu!" Lucy says angrily. She thinks should not everyone know this by now. She can not believe how rude Juvia was to her  just then.  To think she thought they were friends.

      Lucy is about to stomp off when she hears a growl behind her. She turns to see a bear. She gasps in terror.  Great she thought to herself now I am about to come an  angry bear's breakfast. She shuts her eyes, but nothing happens.

     Juvia, and Gray stand back to afraid to move or to come to her aid. They watch with the last thought on their minds as to how sorry they are for Lucy being a bear's meal.  They look away in the hopes perhaps the sadness will all be over soon.

      "Ah,"  Lucy screams as the bear charges at  her. She does not open her eyes.

     Something, or rather someone sees the bear, and jumps on its back.  

   A voice states, "There that will teach you go around picking on a girl, now run along now."

        Juvia and Gray gasp when they do not seen the statue anymore. They think, but is is impossible right?

       Lucy opens her eyes to think whoever came to assist her. She looks at him wide-eyed, jaw opened, and arms close to her sides.  She looks at him in amazement. She does not dare hope he is the one she has been looking for all this time.

      "Lucy, you are not hurt are you?  Cause if you are I might never forgive myself," He tells her.

      Lucy looks at him and realizes he is not anyone she knows. How then does he know my name. She shrugs her shoulders.

     "Sorry, you are?" Lucy says.

     "Oh, where are my manners?  It is Lyon, Miss, " He says with a dreamy look in his eyes.

       Lucy does not seem to notice.  "Thanks for saving me," She says.

           Lucy feels him grab her and next thing she knows it her back is shoved against the wall to the cave. She thinks goodness maybe I would have had a better chance with the bear.  She tries to get him away from her, but he is to close.

        She feels his breath next to her and shuts her eyes as he kisses her chin. Then, hears a thud noise and tries to run.

          "Lucy, it is okay, it is me,"  He  remarks.

            Lucy looks up, but only sees the same statue as earlier that day. Strange she thought how did it get all the way over here.  She walks towards it, bends down, and places her lips on the statues lips. She blushes.  Feels silly about the whole thing and pulls away.

             "Awe, Luce, I  rather have another kiss since I did help you out with that rude boy back there,"  He blurts out.

           Lucy looks up and gasps.  The statue it moves, it speaks, and it is alive.

          "What?  You are a statue so how then can you do all this?"  Ladybug asks.

         "Correction was a statue, so now I am not,"  He smirks.

       Lucy nods her head. She looks at him with confusion....

            "Luce, do you not recognize me?  It is me,your old pal, Natsu!"  Natsu states.

     "Natsu, but how?  why?  when?"  Lucy seeks the answers.

              "Lucy, I  left on a private mission a year ago, then suddenly someone smacks me hard with a blunt instrument so I feel to the ground.  I came too without an recollection on who I was,where I was, or how I got here,"  Natsu explains.

           " Later, I regained the rest of my memories, and was turned into a statue ,"  Natsu tells her the rest of the story.

          Lucy is not sure if she should believe him or not. Then, again he did help her out when she was in a bind back there. She nods her head, grabs his hand, and lets him show her the way to the exit.

          Juvia and Gray follow them.  The two never say a word about the mysterious red head who Lucy seems to like having with her. They just smile.

               "Lucy, it is great to be out of there, and to be myself once more," Natsu adds.

       Lucy smiles as well.  "I am glad you alright,"  Lucy blurts out.

         Natsu hugs Lucy.  She hugs him as well.

      Now, the two sigh, smile, laugh, then smile one again.  

          Juvia and Gray finally realize it is Natsu and girn. They are happy for Lucy.

               Lucy kisses Natsu and he returns the kiss.

 Now, the two walk off hand in hand while Gray looks at them in surprise.  

  Juvia grabs Gray's hand, glad he does not pull away.

             the end....

       bye, bye little owlets!

    -Summer out!