The Apple Tree Wish : Nalu AU one-shot story by Summer Cheng

Natsu is only five when he sets under the local apple tree. He wishes to someday meet a nice lady, fall in love and kiss her!  He smiles as the apples shine a nice golden color!  He goes home with the knowledge that perhaps his wish may come true!

    No sooner does he leave than a young girl with blonde hair, and blue eyes arrives at the same tree.  She makes a similar wish!  Only in her case she wishes to meet a nice man, fall in love and kiss him!  She smiles as the apples continues to sparkle, and shine a nice golden color!  She goes home and hopes her wish might come true someday!  She and her family moves away.

       A Few years later...

        Natsu plays tag with Lucy the new girl in town!  She smiles.  He tags her!  "Tag, your it, pretty girl!" Natsu says.

     "I am not pretty and my name is Lucy  Heartfilia!"  She scowls a him.  She chases after him, and eventually catches up to the pink hair boy and tags him back.

     "Ha, got you!"  Lucy brags.

    "It is not lady like to brag,"  Natsu says.

    "Oh, yeah!  Well, who cares?   Who says I am lady anyway?"  Lucy says with annoyance.

      "I am Natsu Dragneel!  You  are kinda strange for a girl!"  Natsu says.

       "I am not."  Lucy says.

     "Are too!"  Natsu replies.

    "Am not!"  Lucy answers.

    "Are too!"  Natsu says.

        This goes on and on for awhile, until finally a few hours later,  "Luce it has been fun, but I need to go home!  My father is ill and my mother needs my help!  See ya!"  Natsu says as he waves bye.

    "Okay, see ya later, Natsu!"  Lucy calls out.

       One week later...

          "Lucy, have you ever lived her before?  I mean in Mangolina, you know a part of Fairy Tail?"  Natsu ask.

         "Yes, as a small child.  I was here, but then had to move away for a few years.  I only got to return here a week ago."  Lucy says.

       "Ah,that explains it!"  Natsu says.

     "Explains, what?"  Lucy ask.

      "It explains, why you look so familiar! "  Natsu says.  He does not say a word about the magical apple tree that supposedly can grant wishes that one ask for when the fruit on it shines in the sun and turns pure gold.  This is said to take place only ever twenty years or so!  

     "What?  How so?"  Lucy ask.

    "You are the girl who ran past my house one day when I was five and you were the prettiest girl I have ever seen!  When you ran past I could tell, and I knew then that you were special."  Natsu says.

    "Whoa, that is the mushest thing I ever heard, blah!"  Happy says.

     "Oh, who are you?"  Lucy ask.

      "This is Happy, my best friend!  Happy meet Lucy!  Lucy meet Happy!"  Natsu answers.

     "Nice to meet you happy!"  Lucy says.

      "Hi, Natsu!  You never told me about your girlfriend!"  Gray says.

    "What?  She is not my girlfriend!"  Natsu says.

      "Good, then I get dibs on her!"  Gray says.

      "Hey, you can not call dibs on  a person!  She is not a piece of food like a cracker, a piece of cheese, or a steak!"  Levy says.

      "I agree with her!"  Lucy says.

     "Who are you ?"  Luck ask.

    "Oh, I am Levy!  The black hair guy who is total softie, but a bit of flirt is Gray." Levy explains. 

     "Wow, Levy!  Can we be best friends?"  Lucy ask.

     "Sure!"  Levy says.

    "Good!"  Lucy says.

       From then on Lucy was the best of friends with Levy, Gray and Natsu.  As time went on though Lucy found herself  unsure whom to choose  Gray or Natsu? 

      It seems they both have great qualities about them.  They both have  a nice smile, make her laugh and so on!  Only when she is with Natsu she feels special!  When she is with Gray she feels like he treats her like one of the guys.  Natsu treats her like she is a woman!

    One day...

     Gray is on a walk with Lucy!  Natsu seems them together and is jealous.  He is not to happy that they are alone.  He sneaks up behind them and says,  "Why are you with her?  She is my girl!"  

    Gray smirks, "I believe you are wrong, buddy!  She is my girl!"  

  "What?  I am not with either of you, so will you cool  it?  Both of you?"  Lucy remarks.

    "But Lucy!"  Natsu whines.

   "Haha, you should see the look on your face, flame brain!"  Gray says.

    "Oh, yeah, ice princess!  your look is ridiculous as ever!"  Natsu says.

    "Well , you are one to talk, dragon breath!"  Gray remarks.

     "Boys, cut it out!" Ezra says.

    "Yes, Ezra!" Natsu and Gray says at the same time.

        Later that day, Lucy sits under the apple tree.  She is not sure what else to do. She just sits there with her head in her lap.  She is unaware that someone else sits under it on the other side.  

        It gets dark out.   Lucy falls asleep.  Natsu falls asleep on the other side of the tree.

        The next morning, Lucy yawns!  Natsu who has been up for awhile, smiles.  He thinks, could she be her?  Is she the one meant to fulfill my silly apple tree wish ?

       Lucy stands up.  When she sees Natsu she blushes.  She wonders is he the one to bring my wish to pass?

      Natsu takes a hand in his own.  Lucy looks at him in wonder.  Natsu leans in rather close. Lucy blushes, she is not sure what to make of this sudden affection from him.  Natsu gets caught up in the moment and before she can say a word, he kisses her across the chin, then on her left cheek, the right one, her nose, forehead and her lips.  

       The kiss from Natsu sends sparks through her.   Lucy can not understand it!  What is this?  What could it all mean?   

    When she does not push him away, Natsu mutters, "L-Luce, will you be my g-girlfriend?"

    Lucy smiles, blushes and surprises herself when she answers, "Y-yes, I would love too, Natsu!"

       Natsu kisses her again!  Lucy returns the kiss!  The apple tree fruit shines golden once more earlier than it usually does to show that a wish, or rather two are finally complete!

     the end...

    *Author's  Note:  Hope, you enjoy, The Apple Tree Wish: Nalu AU one-shot story-Summer Cheng.  Do not copy this in any form or fashion.  As in do not repost  here, on youtube, instagram or anywhere else.   Thanks, and Happy Reading!