Chapter 66: The Twisted Future

"Come out!! You scrap metal bastard!!" Esdeath shouted amongst the rocks.

"He really is a coward, isn't he?" Kurome said.

"Damn, this place is unlimited witH places to hide." Esdeath said. "We'll have to flush him out into the open."

Esdeath and Kurome flew to the sky.

Lubbock and Wave in the nearby area, searching for Drone# 10, then they noticed Esdeath and Kurome in the air.

"Once the area is leveled, he'll have to face us." Kurome said.

Esdeath then charged an energy beam.

"Esdeath wait a second!!" Lubbock shouted.

"Hold on! We're here!" Wave yelled.

Esdeath threw the beam at the ground.

Drone #10 then sprang out from his hiding place and ran full speed underneath the giant energy beam and absorbed it.

"Thanks for the free power up." Drone #10 laughed.

"Son of a bitch!" Esdeath said.

Esdeath and Kurome then darted towards Drone #10, but he took off in a flash.

Esdeath and Kurome chased after him but eventually lost sight of him.

"Now where did he go?" Kurome said in frustration. "That robotic bastard is faster than I thought."

"They've gotten so accustomed to sensing energy levels, they lost their eye for movement." Drone #10 said as he hung upside down above Esdeath and Kurome. "I can observe every step they make while remaining safely invisible until there is opportunity to strike."

Drone #10 relocated to a different hiding spot.

"I still must admit, I've never expected this much power from either of them." Drone #10 said. "What next? Considering Esdeath's reputation for vigilance, the most logical solution is returning to the laboratory, is an option I rather avoid. But this situation has forced my hand."

Drone #10 then spotted TJ, the remaining Night Raid members and the rest of the Jaegers.

"Looking for me, huh?" Drone #10 chuckled. "These fools are practically lining up to give their power. What a fortunate turn of events, once I drained all of their energy and add it to my own, I'll be more than powerful enough to take on Kurome and Esdeath."

With TJ:

"Holy crap!" TJ said as he heard crumbling rock behind him, as if someone was behind him.

Luckily, it was just some rodents scurrying along the rocks. "Jeez guys, don't scare me like that." TJ said as he breathed a sigh of relief.

With Lubbock and Wave:

"This shit sucks, he's got to be around here somewhere, we can't even sense him." Wave said.

"Just keep looking man, we'll find him." Lubbock assured.

"Yeah, I hope..." Wave said.

As Wave walked to the edge of a cliff, a part of the cliff crumbled underneath his weight, causing him to fall, but Lubbock managed to catch him using Cross-Tail.

"Jesus' dude! Are you good?" Lubbock said.

"Yeah, I'm good thanks." Wave said.

With Akame and Leone:

"Hey, Leone, let's not look in the same place." Akame suggested.

"Yeah, good idea. You look over there, I'll go this way." Leone agreed.