Chapter 68: The Techno-Drones Awaken

Professor Rumi arrived at his hidden laboratory.

"Ah, there we are, yet ever so humble." Rumi said.

However, Sheele also made it there as well as she watched off in the distance.

"I found it. Professor Rumi's secret lab. I've got to let the others know." Sheele said.

"Go ahead four eyes, summon your friends." Rumi chuckled. "They'll never make it in time to stop me. But by all means, hasten their doom."

Rumi put in the passcode for his door then went inside.

"Oh, crap you guys better get here quick!" Sheele then desperately began raising her energy to where everyone could sense her.

"Sheele's done it!" Akame said.

"That energy spike!" Future TJ noted.

"I rather not bring these to back online, all things considered." Rumi said. "But with how events are unfolding, I have precious little choice. Insubordinate children."

Rumi then released Drone #7 from his chamber.

Drone #7 then stepped out of his chamber.

"You're awake. Number Seven, how do you feel?" Rumi asked.

Drone #7 eyed the controller in Rumi's hand.

"Good morning, Professor. Thanks for waking me." Drone #7 said.

"My word. Did I just here you thank me?" Rumi said.

"But of course. I owe my existence to you." Drone #7 said.

"The personality programming worked." Rumi thought. 

"Now let's rouse your sister." Rumi said as released Drone #8.

Drone #8 then stepped out of her pod.

Drone #8 also eyed the controller that Rumi was holding.

"A good morning to you, dear Professor Rumi." Drone #8 said.

 "Even more cordiality than number Seven here." Rumi said. 

"No less than is called for." Drone #8 said.

"How very obedient my weapons have become." Rumi thought.

"You too have become a Techno-Drone since last I was active." Drone #8 said.

"Yes, eternal life was too great of a prize." Rumi said. "I will admit your demeanor is a relief. In order for your perpetual energy reactors to function, I had to disable the behavioral limiters I've wired into your firmware. It rendered you contrary, shall we say, if you refused to obey my commands. But we seemed to have cleared up that little independent streak. Well then, time to start earning your keep, Tatsumi's allies are heading towards this laboratory as we speak, go eliminate a lot of them, let none survive."

"Right." Drone #8 said.

"As you wish." Drone #7 said.

The rest of Night Raid caught up with Sheele right outside the laboratory.

"You see that cave going into the rock? The lab's got to be in there." Sheele said.

"Yeah, good job finding this Sheele." Bulat said.

"I agree with Bulat. Now everyone let's destroy those Drones before their maker returns." Najenda said.

"Right!" Everyone said.

"Wait guys!" Sheele said.

"Come on every second counts." Chelsea said.

"I didn't exactly beat Rumi back to his lab..." Sheele confessed.