Chapter 75: Tatsumi Awakens

"So, there you have it. Vain's here for the sole purpose of absorbing Seven and Eight." Akame said. "He won't rest until he's achieved his final form."

"And in the meantime, he's just going to keep wiping out cities to make himself stronger. Unless we stop him." Wave said.

"We have to find him first. Now that he knows Akame is a threat to him he'll keep moving from place to place. We'll just be left chasing his shadow." Run said.

"Damn. So, unless we get a step ahead of him before he absorbs those Drones, we'll have a huge problem on our hands." Bols said. "The whole planet will be in danger."

"Not just our planet. In his final form, Vain could pose a threat to the whole universe." Akame said. "I'd assume with Torosu's DNA in his makeup he's not lacking in ambition."

"Don't forget mine." Esdeath chimed. "Where you see a threat, I see a challenge. If Vain wants to absorb those Drones, then I'd say let him. It'll save me the trouble of hunting them all down one by one. Then we'll see how perfect his finale is when I cave his skull in."

"Esdeath stop. If Vain absorbs Seven and Eight his strength will be more than both of theirs combined and you remember how did against just one of them." Merriad said.

"Don't get patronizing with me damn it." Esdeath snapped. "Look, I promise you I will defeat them and if this path of an Imperial God isn't enough.... then I'll go beyond and find a different path."

"Another Imperial God path? Is that even possible?!" Future TJ said.

"I'm sure Tatsumi will do the same when he wakes up. Count on it." Esdeath said. "I'll do things my way, you all can do whatever you want on your own... Bye."

Esdeath waved at everyone and then flew away.

"A level beyond the Imperial God path? I don't know but I hope she's right." Najenda said.

"Hey TJ, these rules for time travel, you said it wouldn't do any good to back to the past and destroy the Drones before they wake right?" Lubbock said.

"Yeah, right. We could create a new timeline where the Drone didn't exist but helps us get rid of the ones here." Future TJ said.

"So, I guess it'd be a waste of time if we were to go to Rumi's lab and blow up the mini-Vain that's still in the tank or whatever, right?" Bulat said.

"No. You're right let's do it anyway. We can at least make sure that another Vain doesn't show up twenty years from now in this timeline's future." Future TJ said.

"Okay then, you guys head to the lab but Boss and Leone, I want you guys with me, I'll need the extra eyes to track Vain's trail." Akame said.

"Aww my best friend wants me to stay close to her." Leone teased as she rubbed Akame's head and wrapped her arms around Akame from behind.

" Leone teased as she rubbed Akame's head and wrapped her arms around Akame from behind